Nvidia's started supporting FreeSync

Well, the Alienware one isn't really a TV.
What is a TV?

I don't know if it has a tuner and built in support for streaming. Both of those are good questions. The only thing I want to know if if this has a 5 year warranty against burn in so that I don't end up with my world of warcraft unit frames in every game.

What is a TV?

I don't know if it has a tuner and built in support for streaming. Both of those are good questions. The only thing I want to know if if this has a 5 year warranty against burn in so that I don't end up with my world of warcraft unit frames in every game.

It's got no tuner. It's not a TV.

I'm more interested in combining 4k 120Hz, low input lag and vrr with "tv" features like FALD/OLEd, HDR color volume, 480Hz flicker,, optionall BFI(black frame insertion), optional interpolation, etc.

Personally I havent had commercial cable tv service in years. I use an OTA antenna with a hdhomerun networked (LAN via ethernet to my router as a networked device) tuner for local major networks in HD (mostly to watch local news) and a few other misc channels. Otherwise some streaming services and plex. All are accessible on my nvidia shields, roku tvs, pc, laptop, phones, etc.

The lack of hdmi VRR support is a big letdown but without hdmi 2.1 bandwidth this gen of nvidia gpus are not as capable on hdmi anyway I guess. It would be nice for lower chroma 4k 120hz if possible or at least running 1440p 120hz with VRR on hdmi 2.0b output of nvidia gpus for now though.

Last edited:
Not supporting HDMI has to be a business strategy to sell their BFGD’s. The consumer loses again.

When is AMD going to talk about their new GPU’s?

No. The Mango uses a cheap IPS panel. This 43" ROG is a 10-bit VA panel with 600 nits. Totally different league.
Is the Wasabi worth the $1200 price of admission or a lot less for a used one? I'm getting tired of my 28" asus.. LOL

I'm guessing the "currently not supporting hdmi" means we'll have to wait for new cards. They're choosing not to partially support hdmi 2.1 specs And the new cards will hopefully fully support HDMI 2.1.

But if we're lucky they'll support VRR through hdmi with a driver update. Maybe they just need more time to develop it compared to displayport.

I'm guessing the "currently not supporting hdmi" means we'll have to wait for new cards. They're choosing not to partially support hdmi 2.1 specs And the new cards will hopefully fully support HDMI 2.1.

But if we're lucky they'll support VRR through hdmi with a driver update. Maybe they just need more time to develop it compared to displayport.

yeah that's what I was figuring..

Maybe they will skip it until their gpus have HDMI 2.1 on them. I hope it's not that long though.

It will give them another year to sell their G-sync monitors they invested all that development and advertising into coincidentally, much as thelead hypothesized a few replies ago.

Last edited:
Back