Nvidia Updates Shield Tablet to Android 7.0 Nougat

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
You’ve got to love long-term support. Nvidia is certainly good on this—the company updated their Shield TV to Nougat recently, and now it is the Tablet’s turn for 7.0. There is some really nice stuff here, like multitasking, shield controller support, and even improved power consumption. I’ll get one when they start using an AMOLED display…

SHIELD Experience 5.0 will start to roll to NVIDIA Tablets today and will be staged over the next few days to make sure no issues arise. It brings Android 7.0 with multi-window support and quick switch between apps by double tapping the Overview button, bundled notifications and quick reply, better notification management, better battery standby through doze, Unicode 9 emojis, customizable Quick Settings tiles, and plenty of improvements under the hood like a new JIT compiler for faster app and system updates, and more. It also adds support for the new SHIELD Controller, the one that ships with the new SHIELD TV (2017) boxes.

Best Tablets I have owned. I have original with Pen and then newer one without. Bummed they decided to axe the next version to instead build New Nintendo tablet.

when my sons 2012 nexus got b0rked i got him the shield preety much on assumption nvidia will have to update it. very glad i did

Unfortunately nvidia has no real plans on making a 2017 tablet some believe the nintendo switch is why... i wish they would i love my k1

its the same reason the shield tv didnt get an big upgrade, out side of gpu's and thier deep learning stuff fabrications geard towards the ninty switch

Back