Nvidia teasing a "Collector's Edition" card

why? once Volta comes out it will be worthless lol, not really "collector's" edition. If they put a P100 in there then it will be worth it!

0:11 looks like Titan X? Collector's edition.

Maybe 11 or 12 gbps GDDR5x Titan Xp full cores.

If it doesn't actually say an X then omghypevolta

Zk99f32.png

Looks like a fully enabled Pascal Titan X with pretty RGB and a different cooler shroud.

0:11 looks like Titan X? Collector's edition.

Maybe 11 or 12 gbps GDDR5x Titan Xp full cores.

If it doesn't actually say an X then omghypevolta

Zk99f32.png

Looks like a fully enabled Pascal Titan X with pretty RGB and a different cooler shroud.
The Titan Xp is the full fat Pascal chip, though.

It's probably just an Xp using a magnesium alloy shroud like the old ones with RGB lighting.

How about a partial to full P100 chip with 16gb of HBM2? Nvidia must have accumulated a good number of usable P100 chips that are not fully capable. That would make for a very interesting card.

A Titan Xp with light show would be, to be honest, a laughing stock unless sold for under $1000.

So... TITAN (P) < 1080ti < TITAN (xp) < TITAN (CE) ?? Has anyone told nVidia that AMD does not have an ultra high-end GPU yet?

I suppose if they can sell another $1000 card that has a 5% performance boost over the previous performance champ to some rich A-hole, more power to them.

... Then again, the image at 0:11 showed the GPU being split. Are we looking at a TITAN Z (xp)?

founders editions were more expensive than MSRP.

i can only imagine how much more than MSRP collectors editions are gonna be.

why? once Volta comes out it will be worthless lol, not really "collector's" edition. If they put a P100 in there then it will be worth it!

Exactly, kinda defeats the whole purpose of being something of value or "Collectable" when the next iteration will have better performance.

It will probably be the first Volta "pre-sale" card before they launch Volta next year into the mainstream.

my bets are in P100 with GDDR6 or P100 with HBM2... improved clocks and improved cooler.. anything else will be retarded and stupidly pointless as any *collection piece* it should be really special and different to worth the collection badge.

One theory is that this Collector's Edition is Nvidia's way of testing out a new cooler, and the whales who will lap it up because it says CE will help to offset the cost of developing that new cooler.

Not to mention all the almost-free press will help boost 1070Ti sales.

One theory is that this Collector's Edition is Nvidia's way of testing out a new cooler, and the whales who will lap it up because it says CE will help to offset the cost of developing that new cooler.

Not to mention all the almost-free press will help boost 1070Ti sales.

I'm all up for Collector's Edition but really electronics or computer components lol? No such thing unless ya we are talking about 20 or 30 year old stuff that are damn hard to find now.

teasing? LOL it's not teasing, it's clever marketing directed at man's lust of the eyes

Last edited:
Oh good god, where will this shit end? This is what happens where there's no competition and a company is left to its own devices wringing every filthy bit of monetization out of a product.

This card will go down in value 5 years from now just like a Jose Canseco Rookie Card

they really need to make Titan cards more special...Titan cards should last through multiple generations and not the same as any other high end GPU which gets outdated when the next series comes out

they really need to make Titan cards more special...Titan cards should last through multiple generations and not the same as any other high end GPU which gets outdated when the next series comes out

Thats literally not possible unless you want intel-like generations bump.. of just few percents to keep last gen titan card up to date.. without take in consideration the horrible marketing *buuu they are the new intel,they can't even match last gen flagship and they just offer minimal upgrade over last year x70 - x80 cards*

the truth is, Titan cards offer the biggest and greater value as soon as you buy it specially if you buy the full fledged chip (as the Titan xP) you enjoy top level performance for your games for current and even next generation of GPUs.. still today the Titan X maxwell it's a quite capable card, so people who bought it are still enjoying what they paid years ago. I'm all in about fast outdated titans and have no problem with it as much aa nvidia can keep the 60% - 100% performance jump gen to gen.

Still more meaningful than most CE games I'd say.

I agree, those extra skins and weapons, really lol?

People pay so much for so little sometimes.

I agree with Araxie, the Titan line is for early adopters that want the most performance possible. But I don't see the need for a CE card at all though. How much more performance can they get out of Titan xP if its the same core? Maybe its gold sample cores that can overclock past 2.1 ghz? But we haven't see that either in any Pascal card. So really has to be a different chip if its going to be a viable product.

the truth is, Titan cards offer the biggest and greater value as soon as you buy it specially if you buy the full fledged chip (as the Titan xP) you enjoy top level performance for your games for current and even next generation of GPUs.. still today the Titan X maxwell it's a quite capable card, so people who bought it are still enjoying what they paid years ago. I'm all in about fast outdated titans and have no problem with it as much aa nvidia can keep the 60% - 100% performance jump gen to gen.

no they don't, especially at their price point...when the next generations Ti or even non-Ti card bests last gens Titan you know something is seriously wrong

The Titan X's (both pascal variants) aren't exactly mainstream, reasonably priced cards... and I would hazard to guess that most of their customer base that would want to purchase one has already done so, so I'm not sure who they are thinking this collector's edition would appeal to if it's just a fancier heatsink/fan/LED add-on. (The very first thing I did to mine was to strip the heatsink/fan assembly off and waterblock the sucker!) Hopefully it's an early Volta offering... if not, and if it shares the same Pascal core, I don't see this doing very well.

Thats literally not possible unless you want intel-like generations bump.. of just few percents to keep last gen titan card up to date.. without take in consideration the horrible marketing *buuu they are the new intel,they can't even match last gen flagship and they just offer minimal upgrade over last year x70 - x80 cards*

Pretty much this. In order for nVidia to do this they would essentially be stifling innovation. That's a bad thing in my opinion. As for the Titan X Maxwell cards... I am still using mine with no regret or issues. I don't feel a need to buy a newer video card nor do I have any regrets purchasing it regardless of what has been released .

If it's Pascal based, I don't expect to see Volta for another 8-10 months which is a bummer. But with the GDDR6 wait it makes sense that they want to push out 2 more Pascal cards (1070Ti and Titan X CE) then release Volta in June/July 2018.

If it's Pascal based, I don't expect to see Volta for another 8-10 months which is a bummer. But with the GDDR6 wait it makes sense that they want to push out 2 more Pascal cards (1070Ti and Titan X CE) then release Volta in June/July 2018.

Pascal doesn't need the bandwidth, so GDDR6 is a waste for it.

I don't think nV will wait much longer for a Volta,

The 1070ti was a response to Vega 56, it did have a marginal lead over the gtx 1070, and if we look at the 1070ti, it doesn't offer much when comparing to the gtx 1080, its not much better than the gtx 1070 in mining, it doesn't have GDDR5x which it needs for gaming, its actually bandwidth bound.

Titan X CE, I just see it as a FU we want to make as much money as possible before Volta blows the paints off Pascal. Seriously I don't expect much sales from such a product. I think this is the first "CE" card ever made, if we take out the KingPin but those are specially binned for overclocking, so they have something certain people want.

my bets are in P100 with GDDR6 or P100 with HBM2... improved clocks and improved cooler.. anything else will be retarded and stupidly pointless as any *collection piece* it should be really special and different to worth the collection badge.
No GDDR6 until next year and selling P100 on a consumer board at this point in Pascal's life cycle doesn't make sense. I think it's just a Titan Xp with a new cooler (possibly a test bed for a new Volta blower) with RGB lighting, and possibly a bump in clock and/or memory speed. They probably want to make some money on the leftover GP102-450 chips.

Back