Nvidia Says Native Resolution Gaming is Out, DLSS is Here to Stay

Status
Not open for further replies.
And from what we've heard so far it seems like it's a case of as soon as DLSS was/is available to them (Switch 2) they went with it - if it's not available on what you got go with whatever you have to to meet performance/power targets - so FSR would make sense I'd say. What good has that done AMD?
Switch 2 isn't out yet. So this is just make believe on your part.
Cool. I have a 5950x 👍 How long ago was that? Anything recent Radeon done for AMD?
Pretty sure being able to buy one now vs not at all is a gift that keeps on giving.
To win, for money, ultimately, in the end, right? Even in just the dGPU sector - that's the end goal, right? The point isn't to just barely stay alive - to stay stagnant - to underdeliver time after time after time - but to prosper - grow until it then becomes a matter of maintaining wins and leads right?
AMD's business isn't just the dGPU sector. At this point AMD is firmly in the green. It's far beyond "barely staying alive".
What good has that done AMD?
Again, you wouldn't have even been able to buy that chip if it wasn't for it's GPU division making console wins.

Switch 2 isn't out yet. So this is just make believe on your part.

Ok but then disregard Switch 2 rumors entirely - with DLSS not available on the Switch - it still seems if it's not available on what you got go with whatever you have to to meet performance/power targets - so FSR would still make sense I'd say. What good has that done AMD?

Pretty sure being able to buy one now vs not at all is a gift that keeps on giving.

What good has that gift that keeps on giving done AMD? Sounds lucrative!

AMD's business isn't just the dGPU sector. At this point AMD is firmly in the green. It's far beyond "barely staying alive".

Cool. How good is that dGPU/those other sectors with or without including dGPU doing for AMD? Which earnings report you looking at so we can see and compare to Nvidia? Remember, you can look at pre-AI boom if you weren't already.

Again, you wouldn't have even been able to buy that chip if it wasn't for it's GPU division making console wins.

Cool. How long ago was that? Has Radeon done anything recent for AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back