nVidia Purevideo for 64-bit

b00gjuice

Weaksauce
Hello,

Is there a beta version of nVidia purevideo that will work with 64-bit windows?

Thanks

No but the 32-bit version should/might work. If it doesn't then your screwed. If you're using Vista 64 then there isn't really much of an issue since the only MPEG2 codec you can use in MCE is the one that MS gives you.

Just an fyi, as I noticed this issue last night, I couldn't get the 32-bit Purevideo working on Vista x64 with the 101.41 beta drivers. Perhaps it's isolated to my 7800GT, but I couldn't get the video to display. The 100.65 drivers work fine with purevideo however. If you're on XP64, you can disregard this :)

personally i have played with Purevideo from nVidia in the past and I totally couldn't tell what in the world it was supposed to be doing.

aka I think it was stupid and a bunch of hype. Maybe it's changed since then but I get by without it these days using my laptop's integrated graphics.

personally i have played with Purevideo from nVidia in the past and I totally couldn't tell what in the world it was supposed to be doing.

aka I think it was stupid and a bunch of hype. Maybe it's changed since then but I get by without it these days using my laptop's integrated graphics.

It's obvious you don't know what it is or what it does.

It's an MPEG2 decoder; I hope that when you were playing around with it you mean you were watching some DVDs cause thats the only thing it does.

If you have one of NV's supported video cards (eg: ones that support Purevideo) then you the Purevideo codec hooks into the drivers and allows the video card to postprocess the video a little bit better.

I take it that you didn't know WTH you were doing when you "played" with it last.

At the time I had a 6600GT AGP. Sure I watched DVDs. Was it supposed to increase the frames per second or the smoothness of the picture?

Back