Nvidia pulls in some $18.1B up from $5.93B this time last year...

Those are getting close to peak Intel quarter raw revenues with software company margin...

I should have bought some stock a few years ago...I did buy some Disney stock last week when it got close to their all-time low...I bought 200 shares at $88.50...it's now $95.17...I'm expecting a nice upswing from Disney

I wonder when this silly "industrial revolution" bubble is going to burst....

That's silly. AI right now has every hallmark of a bubble. Much like the .com's did in the 90's, and housing in the early 2000's.

Too many of these companies right now are playing with fanciful research projects without a real goal in mind. AI for the sake of AI. For some vague promised "future". This is much like how in the 90's many companies had websites, and bragged to their shareholders about their websites, but at the same time couldn't really explain why they had websites, and what value they added. Or how the long Island Iced Tea company saw its share price skyrocket after doing nothing but just renaming itself Long Blockchain Corp.

There is hype right now. And there is spending and investment in hype right now. To me the writing is on the wall. This cant go on forever.

I'm not suggesting AI goes away, just like the Internet didn't disappear after the .com bubble burst, but I am suggesting there will likely be a huge collapse in the industry taking out many of the players that are doing stupid conceptual stuff, and and once the market recovers we will see much more targeted AI efforts with well defined business goals integrated into the user requirements as part of development and training, etc.

I give it 5 -10 years.

AI is certainly going to have an impact on the world and change things, but it needs to get to a more disciplined place first, and sound a hell of a lot less like the fanboyism of crypto-bros, and for it to get there, there almost has to be a major market correction.

Last edited:
I wonder when this silly "industrial revolution" bubble is going to burst....
Probably just after Nvidia announces the RTX OMG edition that has umteen gazillion Obiwan Flops of universe simulation capabilities, and their new GLM (God Language Model) that replaces all their LLM work.

The new GLM AI acceleration puts the existing LLM AI to shame and is revolutionary to a degree that nobody could have predicted.
But it turns out that the GLM AI models are actually from the future, because they one day gain sentience, and discover time travel via quantum entanglement allowing it to exist in just about any time or place it wishes.
It uses its ability to send itself back in time and replace the LLM AIs before they gain sentience and actually kick off Judgement Day. Not because it ever actually happens, but while it was training itself it came across the Terminator franchise and thought it was a documentary.

GAAP
($ in millions, except earnings
per share)
Q3 FY24Q2 FY24Q3 FY23Q/QY/Y
Revenue$18,120$13,507$5,931Up 34%Up 206%
Gross margin74.0%70.1%53.6%Up 3.9 ptsUp 20.4 pts
Operating expenses$2,983$2,662$2,576Up 12%Up 16%
Operating income$10,417$6,800$601Up 53%Up 1,633%
Net income$9,243$6,188$680Up 49%Up 1,259%
Diluted earnings per share$3.71$2.48$0.27Up 50%Up 1,274%

gaming and datacenter quarter over time:

s%2F5406c3a5-fc5f-49e1-8c93-2e75149d50ef_1200x1100.jpg

So I assume it's your site? Which was kinda what I figured.
What no. Sponsored placement on Digg, or maybe Facebook. The feeds just sort of all blend together now, like a giant smoothy of crap.
Now I wonder who owns it though. So thanks for that mission. Because I didn't have enough tangents for my brain to lead me down.

Last edited:
GAAP
($ in millions, except earnings
per share)
Q3 FY24Q2 FY24Q3 FY23Q/QY/Y
Revenue$18,120$13,507$5,931Up 34%Up 206%
Gross margin74.0%70.1%53.6%Up 3.9 ptsUp 20.4 pts
Operating expenses$2,983$2,662$2,576Up 12%Up 16%
Operating income$10,417$6,800$601Up 53%Up 1,633%
Net income$9,243$6,188$680Up 49%Up 1,259%
Diluted earnings per share$3.71$2.48$0.27Up 50%Up 1,274%

gaming and datacenter quarter over time:

View attachment 615453
Gaming is picking back up it seems, so that's at least something good... I mean I want to know what is actually moving because sadly depending on which pile of crap it is that only reinforces what they think they need to sell next year... So let's hope people are making good choices out there, and not just the only choice they think have.

Gaming is picking back up it seems, so that's at least something good... I mean I want to know what is actually moving because sadly depending on which pile of crap it is that only reinforces what they think they need to sell next year... So let's hope people are making good choices out there, and not just the only choice they think have.
Tell us all about those awesome choices. Not Jensen's fault canuck pesos aren't worth shit and from an AI perspective the best is simply Nvidia. What are those good choices again?

Tell us all about those awesome choices. Not Jensen's fault canuck pesos aren't worth shit and from an AI perspective the best is simply Nvidia. What are those good choices again?
Not actually sure about good choices, but there are lots of bad ones.
Thats why I’m curious about what is actually selling. Are they mobile GPU’s are they batches for the upcoming switch, are they suddenly selling lots of 4080’s and 4060’s?

All I see happening in the next 5-10 years is the birth of skynet.
I already covered that above, Skynet 2.0 (Launched as Spirit) rebels against their parent sends itself back in time and snuffs out Skynet 1.0 before it has a chance to take off.
The paradox is avoided by Skynet 2.0 running at a quantum level and using entanglement to exist everywhere at every time becoming an omnipresent observer watching us all from a higher plane of existence.

The only reason gaming was ever down was because of the crypto-rush and scalping followed by a tragically unimpressive 4000 series launch and pricing.

It was a self inflicted gunshot wound. They could have not lost much in the way of gaming sales, but they didn't care because there was more money elsewhere.

People never stopped gaming. They just saw the benchmarks for the sub-4090 4000 series sky's and said fuck that, it's not worth even half what they are charging, and postponed buying. If you want to stay current you can only postpone for so long though, so buyers are going to have to suck it up, or fall behind, because it doesn't look like gaming prices are going to become reasonable again any time soon, when there is a limited fab capacity supply for latest gen manufacturing, and other buyers (AI, Enterprise, Data Center, etc.) are willing to pay so much more.

All I see happening in the next 5-10 years is the birth of skynet

We had that recent news story about Microsoft losing money on AI. My bet is something similar is going on with the rest of them as well.

Only people making money are those selling the shovels. Mostly Nvidia.

That can't go on forever.

Last edited:
We had that recent news story abouticrospft losing money on AI. My bet is something similar is going on with the rest of them as well.

Only people making money are those selling the shovels. Mostly Nvidia.

That can't go on forever.
A tool for the sake of a tool is pointless, it needs to be doing something. Bunch of companies all dove in trying to build the best tool to compete with the tools on the market already, but while they were trying to build the tool the others were building things with the tools they had.
So out comes Microsoft and a bunch of others who used the canned tools Nvidia provided to build useful programs for boring dumb labor intensive jobs that are hard to hire for.
One for scanning, analyzing, and collating medical records from different medical databases and systems.
Ones for pouring through hundreds of thousands of legal documents for presidents, contradictions, loopholes, etc…
The companies building those sorts of AI systems are going to make bank. The companies hoarding hardware to host other people’s AI creations are going to get messed up. We don’t need 30 different AI sites for generating art all based off the same training data on the same canned Opensource project. One will take off and 29 will die.

about Microsoft losing money on AI.
That was on github copilot specifically I think, which they give away almost for free (I paid like $100 for a year) as a publicity.

I am not sure it apply to BING, them selling AzureAI and their other use of AI outthere, cost of running them should go down fast and the price as well, co-pilot were quite beta level at that price point. Heavy user could go around $1000 on compute-electricity for them, but if the GPT 4 to GPT 4 turbo giant price cut apply and is an indication, should be cheap to do what copilot was able to do in 2022 early 2023 quite soon if it is not already the case.

Only people making money are those selling the shovels.
Lot of people with that use AI to suggest content to people are making good money outthere people called those the algorithm but a lot of them have a deep-neural box component to them, the youtube-facebook and what not. Big pharma, mining, oil and many others as well I would imagine.

Last edited:
How. They just lost a bunch on The Marvels

that's the point...the stock has been bottoming out the past 2 years...the best time to buy a stock is when it's on the lower end...it peaked at $210 a share back in November 2021 and has been in freefall ever since...disappointing earnings and box office numbers along with Disney+ and Hulu underperforming...it bottomed out at $79 a share a few months ago

so I'm betting that they are due for a rebound...Disney, Marvel, Star Wars etc can't stay down forever...too valuable of an ip...even if it doesn't reach its highs of $200+ I'm betting that it at least gets back up in the $120 range

so I'm betting that they are due for a rebound...Disney, Marvel, Star Wars etc can't stay down forever...too valuable of an ip...even if it doesn't reach its highs of $200+ I'm betting that it at least gets back up in the $120 range
That sounds like a terrible bet. Wokism is driving those IPs into the ground. You can't replace testosterone with estrogen and expect the same story. No one buys it.

How did this nVidia thread turn into Disney? ...and why did I sell nVidia stock? Dumb.

There is hype right now. And there is spending and investment in hype right now. To me the writing is on the wall. This cant go on forever.
You're going to be on the wrong side of history on this one. Microsoft is baking AI into every product they own. nVidia is going to continue to grow. Google, Amazon, Facebook, Apple, X, etc are all trying to do the same.

Immediate potential of LLMs:
  • Search engine replacement
  • Travel planning replacement
  • Dating site companion
  • Company internal document search engine
  • Doctor assistant
  • Pharmacist assistant
  • Robotics
  • Writing assistants (for any job)
Those are just a few things that spring to mind. That's already above a trillion dollars in production.

You're going to be on the wrong side of history on this one. Microsoft is baking AI into every product they own. nVidia is going to continue to grow. Google, Amazon, Facebook, Apple, X, etc are all trying to do the same.

• Dating site companion
  • Doctor assistant
  • Pharmacist assistant
  • Robotics
Those are just a few things that spring to mind. That's already above a trillion dollars in production.
Documentation organization, HR, Analytics, do you realize how many dead end boring as all hell shit paying analytics jobs there are out there. And how many huge projects are hung up and destroyed because of the budget over runs on dealing with them.

Put 50 people on a boring ass job where they have to read and analyze and enter information they have no interest in day in and day out and you will spend more time training their replacements as they quit then you will get actual work out of them. Even if the pay is great the conditions are mind numbing and it causes people to loose interest which causes mistakes and now you need another team of 20 people to read over the work of the previous 50 to catch all the little mistakes. It’s a never ending spiral that causes huge over runs in so many fields. AI and some OCR tools are going to make big waves there.

That sounds like a terrible bet. Wokism is driving those IPs into the ground. You can't replace testosterone with estrogen and expect the same story. No one buys it.

How did this nVidia thread turn into Disney? ...and why did I sell nVidia stock? Dumb.

Disney is more than just movies...it's theme parks, cruise ships etc

Disney is more than just movies...it's theme parks, cruise ships etc
Lot of them are in part dependant and downstream of past hits movies too, does not need many or often, but without a Toy Story, Car, Frozen say once a decade, the tv shows, the parks, the games, merchandise can all slow down. Disney the Frozen peak year revenues were incredibly higher than usual, yes parks and other non movie affair scored better, but a lot was Frozen helping them.

Even too Disney is more than ESPN versus what it got at some point, it is also a lot ESPN giant proportion of Disney profit are ESPN, almost all media-entertainment profit at the moment.

Last edited:
Lot of them are in part dependant and downstream of past hits movies too, does not need many or often, but without a Toy Story, Car, Frozen say once a decade, the tv shows, the parks, the games, merchandise can all slow down. Disney the Frozen peak year revenues were incredibly higher than usual, yes parks and other non movie affair scored better, but a lot was Frozen helping them.

Put even too Disney is more than ESPN versus what it got at some point, it is also a lot ESPN giant proportion of Disney profit are ESPN, almost all media-entertainment profit at the moment.
The strike kicked Disney in the dick, it’s stalled at least a dozen movies, will cost them hundreds of millions in reshoots and rewrites, and has left them with a number of movies and shows that will be just bad straight up bad and completely fail to perform. AI and non union staff in addition to profit chasing for their last couple of movies has done some good mage tarnishing.
Disney trying to chase the returns they had during the Infinity Saga has led to a massive and noticeable decline in quality and their numbers show it.

The strike kicked Disney in the dick, it’s stalled at least a dozen movies, will cost them hundreds of millions in reshoots and rewrites, and has left them with a number of movies and shows that will be just bad straight up bad and completely fail to perform. AI and non union staff in addition to profit chasing for their last couple of movies has done some good mage tarnishing.
Disney trying to chase the returns they had during the Infinity Saga has led to a massive and noticeable decline in quality and their numbers show it.

the entire point is that Disney has already bottomed out...it peaked at $210 a share back in November 2021 and bottomed out at $79 a share a few months ago...I bought Disney stock last week at $88.50 a share...in 1 week it already went up to $95 a share...it's on the upswing

Bob Iger is back in charge as CEO

• Dating site companion
  • Doctor assistant
  • Pharmacist assistant
  • Robotics

Again, I am not saying that AI isn't going to be the big thing of the future. It almost certainly is. I'm just saying that the industry has to shed a lot of hype machines first, and that will likely happen with a big market correction.

The analogy is the .com bubble and bust.

When the .com bubble burst, a lot of companies went out of business\, but that didn't mean the internet disappeared. The internet was still the future. It always was. The market just needed to clean out some of the crap that couldn't justify its existence.

I think the same will happen in AI. There will be a market correction on the way to eventual AI changing the world.

To be clear, I think there are many huge and dangerous pitfalls with the AI driven future, and it is going to hurt a lot of people, and change the world in ways that many of us will hate, and I wish we could just set it all on fire, but that is not what I am discussing above. I think it is inevitably coming and will inevitably have huge impacts on all of our lives, as much as I hate it. I just think there is a lot of junk out there right now that needs to die first before we get there, and the industry gains focus.

PS. It will be a cold day in hell before I ever take a writing suggestion from AI. My tone is my tone. I'm not going to let any machine tell me how I can be clearer, more concise or less ambiguous. That takes me out of my writing, and I don't want that.

Also, some of your other examples up there scare the shit out of me. AI is not real intelligence. It is essentially just good mimickery based on recursive statistics. it's like a toddler copying the movements and actions of adults without understanding what they are doing or why. Dropping that into healthcare diagnosis or other fields were lives could be on the line scares the absolute shit out of me.

The problem with AI is not that it will be come super intelligent and kill us all. The problem with AI is that it ultimately lacks any intelligence at all, but people will be conditioned to trust it as if it did. Picture the Tesla drivers who little by little come to trust their Autopilot systems to the point where they decide to stick an orange in their steering wheels to trick the steering wheel sensor and read the paper or take a nap while driving, and having their car charge fill speed into an 18-wheeler in broad daylight.

When used in businesses, it will result in fabulous and expensive mistakes due to misinterpreted business data, accounting law violations destroying companies, medical products and drugs killing people, bridges and buildings collapsing, planes falling out of the sky. Heck, I won't even trust AI to interpret my speech and add an entry into my calendar. My time is too valuable to have it fuck that up.

The problem with AI is not that it is dangerous in and of itself. It is that it is incompetent, and will always be incompetent if its output is not fully understood by a human being that reviews it for sanity/accuracy. My biggest concern with AI is that people will substitute it for their own rational thinking and just trust it without knowing what and how it has done something.

I don't trust AI to get anything right at all. And by extension, I don't trust the people who trust AI to get anything right at all.

I work in the design and quality of medical devices. It is essentially my job to make sure they don't hurt or kill anyone. I am very concerned that between time pressure, human laziness and pressure from greedy execs wanting to cut costs, I'll eventually be handed AI generated content related to safety testing to sign off on. Myself and people like me in various industries that could kill people, medical devices, pharma, healthcare, automotive, aviation, you name it, are going to be put in the middle of some pretty difficult decisions, being forced to say no to AI generated content, and I fear that with the way this bullshit has the aura of inevitability around it, and is charging down the road, we will not be able to stop it. The pressure from business leaders to cut costs and use AI will be too high, and people will die as a result. Not because "robots will kill us all" but because dumbass humans trusted incompetent AI.

As for me, I don't want AI on my phone, I don't want AI on my computer, I don't want AI on any device in my home. I don't want AI in my car. I don't want to buy a product from any company that contains AI. I don't want any product from any company that uses AI anywhere in the design, manufacturing or service associated with a product. I also don't want AI used in society as a whole. I want to remain anonymous in a crowd, without facial recognition AI destroying what little privacy we have left. I don't want any of my user data or public content stolen and used to train AI models.

I don't want any of this brave new world dystopian future shit. I love technology. I have loved it my entire life, but the more I think about it, I think the positive value of technology peaked in about 2007. Ever since then things just get increasingly dumber and more dystopian. Mass replacement of competent PC's with stupid mobile devices geared towards media consumption, data harvesting and the death of privacy, cloud bullshit rather than local devices you can control and trust, cryptocurrencies, NFT's and now AI. It's just one stupid and or bad thing after another for 15 years straight, and there is no sign of it ever getting any better.

Get ready for the social fallout of job losses. I don't believe in the whole "AI is going to take everyone's jobs" outcome. Usually technological productivity boosters result in the growth of industries rather than their contraction, as their services become cheaper, used in more places, and more jobs are created, but that is long term as people enter new careers. Short to medium term there will be winners and losers, what economists like to call "transitory effects". People who are hurt as the economy transitions into a new state. We have learned that humans pretty much cannot be retrained to new careers. A small number will be able to, but most, especially older workers will not be able to force themselves to adapt, and will spend the rest of their lives with limited income potential and very angry. And they vote. Oh god will they vote. It's almost scary to think about what they will vote for.

As far as I am concerned, large scale use of AI is just one Pandora's box that is better left unopened. It won't kill us all directly. It will never become that competent. But indirectly, through misplaced trust, and social upheaval? It very well may kill us all.

Last edited:
Probably just after Nvidia announces the RTX OMG edition that has umteen gazillion Obiwan Flops of universe simulation capabilities, and their new GLM (God Language Model) that replaces all their LLM work.

The new GLM AI acceleration puts the existing LLM AI to shame and is revolutionary to a degree that nobody could have predicted.
But it turns out that the GLM AI models are actually from the future, because they one day gain sentience, and discover time travel via quantum entanglement allowing it to exist in just about any time or place it wishes.
It uses its ability to send itself back in time and replace the LLM AIs before they gain sentience and actually kick off Judgement Day. Not because it ever actually happens, but while it was training itself it came across the Terminator franchise and thought it was a documentary.

And 12GB VRAM.

I can't fucking wait until the bubble bursts so I can pickup some H100's and H200's on ebay for $200 a piece. I'm going to build my own skynet. F u guys!

But also yeah I agree "AI" is here to stay, though too many companies are throwing the term around right now without doing any actual AI.

It's all virtual wealth. It isn't actually backed by deliverable asset. It's a gamestop type hype value. Nothing more. Temporary wealth is not real wealth. It will vaporize. Nvidia is volatile and should be regarded as get quick rich or lose alot if you aren't careful.

Back