NVIDIA PhysX Developer Pierre Terdiman posts responses to common internet FUD on RTX

More like butthurt PhysX developer sounds off on the current state of PhysX - and talks a bit about ray tracing because people compared it to his (ugly) baby.

Still, very interesting to read - thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much for this. It's frustrating as someone who has worked on 3d engines, and understands how impressive it is to have real-time ray tracing, to see people complain without the knowledge of what they are looking at. If things go well, this will probably be as big as the advent of 3d processors or programmable shaders. It's literally a new era and I wish people could get the facts before whining about the price or saying somehow it will fail. The good news is that I'm sure many developers are as excited as we are and eventually when the games come out I think people will see what it's all about. Really appreciate your post.

RTX isnt just the ray tracing too people are not even talking about what AI image processing is going to do for gaming
not much
as dlss only works on over priced RTX cards not on intel or AMD or even my 1080 ti or any older nv card

how many devs are going to use it for less than 1% of gamers
all those same devs supported SLI so well

From working with programs such as 3DSMAX and AutoCAD, all I can say is that ray tracing takes a long time to process. The article was not wrong in saying it can take seconds, minutes, and even hours per frame to render. The thought of real time ray tracing is very enticing, to say the least. Unfortunately, most actual rendering is done by the CPU, not the GPU. Maybe 3D programs will implement GPU rendering now because of this. Or even just add a plug-in for them. Might be interesting to see if Volta can be made to run somewhat like Turing. (Tensor core wise) Maybe use it's AI to do the DLSS process. I guess we'll just have to wait and see just what Turing is capable of. Have a great day everyone!

Lol anyone that had anything to do with that un optimized horseshit they call physx is not worth listening to.

Back