NVIDIA lauches the real Titan Xp

LOL Milk them while you can. That is what is exactly happening here. How many of the early adopters get titan xp and and sell of their titan. I bet quiet a few, Seriously Nvidia really can do whatever they want. I guess they probably expect Vega to compete some what since they are milking as much as they can before Vega comes out lol.

I don't think so. Nvidia has an excpetional lead on AMD in terms of money made on the current product line, market availability, production cost improvements etc. If they think Vega is very competetive then they simply would limit AMDs business opportunities by beeing more agressive. With that i mean beeing more price agressive and making TitanXp generally available for AIBs.

See, I don't look at it that way. Those early adopters have been enjoying the best performance possible all this time and having the best gameplay experience possible. They got what they paid for, how is that bad? That's the whole point.

There's always, always always going to be something faster on the wings, ready in the future.

There's a forum competition of who can pay the cheapest for the fastest.
AMD hopefuls always want cheap speed regardless of actual market value.

Which means in general, PC gamers have a threshold of what they're willing to pay.
I think most people are still between the $250-500 price point. Some venture out to the $600-700 range if it's worth it.

$1000+ cards should be for getting work done, but Nvidia still makes it apart of the gaming stack which causes the community to overpay.
Only with double precision I can see the $1200 price. This performance will be $400 in a year, and that's when most people will pull the trigger.

$1000+ cards should be for getting work done, but Nvidia still makes it apart of the gaming stack which causes the community to overpay
that was one of the issue jayztwocents pointed out. nv tells him the titan x was a productivity card even though it has the gtx branding all over it. then the 1080ti comes out, its basically the same frigging card but nv says its a gaming card not a productivity card. now they are saying the titan xp is a productivity card, even though the page promotes gaming. make up you gd mind! looks like they took the GeForce gtx logo off it though.

that was one of the issue jayztwocents pointed out. nv tells him the titan x was a productivity card even though it has the gtx branding all over it. then the 1080ti comes out, its basically the same frigging card but nv says its a gaming card not a productivity card. now they are saying the titan xp is a productivity card, even though the page promotes gaming. make up you gd mind! looks like they took the GeForce gtx logo off it though.

Nvidia still has Geforce GTX on it, so it's still in the gaming stack.

rCHTKwN.jpg

With no double precision support, the card isn't worth it. The Ti is the only card to buy.

what card is that? the pics of the new titan xp don't show a GeForce logo on the side anymore but the first titan x(pascal) did and that is what I/he was pointing out. they tell him adamantly that the titian x(pascal) was a productivity card when it still said GeForce gtx on the side.

what card is that? the pics of the new titan xp don't show a GeForce logo on the side anymore but the first titan x(pascal) did and that is what I/he was pointing out. they tell him adamantly that the titian x(pascal) was a productivity card when it still said GeForce gtx on the side.

It's the Xp Titan. Nvidia always takes the Geforce out of marketing materials but the physical card has it everytime.

Source

those idiots....
and they cant even be bothered to add the little p to the shroud either.

those idiots....
and they cant even be bothered to add the little p to the shroud either.
lol :ROFLMAO:
So even the card itself is confusing with the lack of identifying itself - is it Titan X? Titan XP? or Titan Xp?

My personal opinion is people should just avoid the Titan line altogether. I watched a video on it by JayzTwoCentz and am in complete agreement. Video below. As if 700 isn't already enough to spend on a GPU...

I understood everything fine and now I am lost after watching this. This guy drives me nuts.

Thanks for reminding us plebs of our place in the world.

This logic, or more accurately the lack thereof, can apply to 1060 owners looking enviously at 1080 owners. Except, no one bothers to post this kind of junk, because everyone would immediately recognize its silliness.

I miss the days on this forum when someone would say "Sure, I bought three Titans, I'm [H]ard." It's sort of the friggin' premise here.

The annual whining about titan, have you ever noticed its not the people that bought titan?

I'll never understand it, and its not very [H]ard.

So the argument is that these halo products are just milking the consumer... yep, just like every product in history, it exists to take your money.

Its something something competition. The only argument that can be made here is that if amd was competitive, we would/should have cards 2-3 cycles ahead.

For those of us looking to push 4k gaming, these halo cards are it. Once 4k is mainstream it'll be something else.

Love my Titan, if this reviews 30% faster, i'll bite.

And to everyone who complains about the component cycle: What do you guys want? PC's to become consoles with 4-8 year component upgrade cycles?

Last edited:
The annual whining about titan, have you ever noticed its not the people that bought titan?

So the argument is that these halo products are just milking the consumer... yep, just like every product in history, it exists to take your money.

Its something something competition. The only argument that can be made here is that if amd was competitive, we would/should have cards 2-3 cycles ahead.

For those of us looking to push 4k gaming, these halo cards are it. Once 4k is mainstream it'll be something else.

And to everyone who complains about the component cycle: What do you guys want? PC's to become consoles with 4-8 year component upgrade cycles?

30% faster than an AIB overclocked Ti and I'm buying it.

If you are upset by this the lesson I think is to avoid flagship cards that aren't the full chip. We knew the original Titan X Pascal was a cut down GP102 so it was almost a given we'd see a refresh at some point.

Same thing occurred with Titan Kepler -> Titan Black

I'd argue though buying the original TXP made more sense. So no one that bought it should feel burned. It was considerably faster than the 1080, so the premium made more sense. This new TXp is only slightly faster than the 1080 Ti, yet carries a similar premium. As someone who bought Titan cards in the past I would not get this one, for same reason I did not get the Titan Black

30% faster than an AIB overclocked Ti and I'm buying it.

What magical world would a 7% increase in cores and a small bump in bandwidth make a 30% increase over the previous Titan X? Its about 9% faster than an FE 1080 Ti and only about 5-6% faster than an aftermarket 1080 Ti when both the Titan Xp and aftermarket 1080 Ti are oced. That is because the aftermarket 1080 Ti can maintain higher boost clocks.

What magical world would a 7% increase in cores and a small bump in bandwidth make a 30% increase over the previous Titan X? Its about 9% faster than an FE 1080 Ti and only about 5-6% faster than an aftermarket 1080 Ti when both the Titan Xp and aftermarket 1080 Ti are oced. That is because the aftermarket 1080 Ti can maintain higher boost clocks.

Notice the if statement?

IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=http://www.dictionary.com/browse/if

conjunction
in case that; granting or supposing that; on condition that:
Sing if you want to. Stay indoors if it rains. I'll go if you do.

Why would you say "if" when all it takes is basic common sense to know there is no chance of what you are even mentioning?

Congratulations on looking up a word. :rolleyes:

Congrats on spending what I am sure is, for you, a lot of money on your shiny new 1080 Ti. I see you feel the need to help justify your purchase by trolling the Titan Xp thread with meaningless additions. I will purchase the Xp if the benchmarks merit it, as will others who have the money to burn on the best.

Congrats on spending what I am sure is, for you, a lot of money on your shiny new 1080 Ti. I see you feel the need to help justify your purchase by trolling the Titan Xp thread with meaningless additions. I will purchase the Xp if the benchmarks merit it, as will others who have the money to burn on the best.
You clearly are the one trying to justify your purchase not me. I do not care what people buy and the only thing I was addressing on here was it being silly to think the Titan Xp would be 30% faster than the Titan X. There are people that already have the Titan Xp and have posted overclocked benchmarks and I simply compared them to what I have gotten in the same tests with an oced 1080 Ti Gaming X which resulted in 5-6% difference comparing overclock to overclock. You are a very sad individual if you have to call anything that I have said here trolling.

Last edited:

Okay now. Let's stop the green on green crime. This isn't Chicago :)

I wonder how much headroom there is for overclocking this beast.

When they launched the shitty Titan X Pascal I said I was disappointed it wasn't a full core and I'd be skipping it and people attacked me for whatever reason. I have to laugh because now this thing drops.

I do feel like it's a slight slap in the face, you buy the Titan X because you expect it to be the maxed out chip. They half pulled a 780ti.

Okay now. Let's stop the green on green crime. This isn't Chicago :)

I wonder how much headroom there is for overclocking this beast.

With so many cores, and that the 1080ti doesn't overclock quite as well as a Titan XP (despite the full phased PCB), suggests to me it'll actually be the least overclockable consumer Pascal chip. :eek:

When they launched the shitty Titan X Pascal I said I was disappointed it wasn't a full core and I'd be skipping it and people attacked me for whatever reason. I have to laugh because now this thing drops.

I do feel like it's a slight slap in the face, you buy the Titan X because you expect it to be the maxed out chip. They half pulled a 780ti.

The half-arsed PCB is what stung me the most at the time, but I figured the chip just doesn't need it, even at $1200. Then seeing the half-priced 1080ti get the full PCB, GRRRR!! :mad: Surely you'd want a card you're planning to sell for less to be less expensive to produce? My only answer to this apparent contradiction is that the 1080ti chips aren't as good quality as the Titan XP/Xp and so necessarily need the full phases to keep up. That would fit with them not overclocking as well (at least from what I've gathered).

Why would you say "if" when all it takes is basic common sense to know there is no chance of what you are even mentioning?

Congratulations on looking up a word. :rolleyes:

1. 30% increase over current system is my threshold to consider purchasing.

2. There is a chance, albeit a small one, if something was throttling the Titan X(p) that was no longer with a full chip.

3. Way to ignore the rest of the post, not sure why you took offense to that one line.

1. 30% increase over current system is my threshold to consider purchasing.

2. There is a chance, albeit a small one, if something was throttling the Titan X(p) that was no longer with a full chip.

3. Way to ignore the rest of the post, not sure why you took offense to that one line.
I did not take offense to what you said at all. Again I was just simply saying it was beyond clear if you look at the specs that there would be no chance of an increase anywhere remotely close to that.

Somehere between 5-10% is my guess... The Titan XP when adequately cooled (waterblocked) also seems to OC better than the 1080Ti... (mine easily holds a 2.1Ghz GPU OC.) Will be interesting to see if the Titan XPpee maintains that trend with the full chip.

As far as the naming convention, what about calling them: Titan XP1 and Titan XP2?

That works.

Alternatively I would just use the years of the cards and drop the X. The X throws everyone off.

Titan 2015
Titan 2016
Titan 2017, also Titan 17

As with Apple, keeping the same name for each new model i.e. Macbook Pro, naming them by the year of release makes the most sense.
Also, no mater what Nvidia calls it, knowing what year it was made will give you the correct info. The same with cars.

Titan Vista already incoming? :LOL:

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-is-teasing-something-to-be-released-29-04-1.html
That works.

Alternatively I would just use the years of the cards and drop the X. The X throws everyone off.

Titan 2015
Titan 2016
Titan 2017, also Titan 17

As with Apple, keeping the same name for each new model i.e. Macbook Pro, naming them by the year of release makes the most sense.
Also, no mater what Nvidia calls it, knowing what year it was made will give you the correct info. The same with cars.
How about just Titan X and Titan Xp? What is so hard about that? It's just as god intended :cool:.
upload_2017-4-12_12-4-3.png

How about just Titan X and Titan Xp? What is so hard about that? It's just as god intended :cool:.
View attachment 21667

Which Titan X are you referring to?
Is it Titan XP or Xp? I don't want to verbally say Titan X lowercase p.

The X is what makes the model naming confusing.

Titan 2016 is cleary point to which Titan you speaking about.

Nvidia should drop the X and go with numbers.

No confusion at all. I mean, there's only been six different Titan models.

Titan
Titan Black
Titan Z
Titan X (Maxwell)
Titan X (Pascal)
Titan Xp (Pascal)

If I were referring to Maxwell I would have said GTX Titan X ;).

Titan = OG Titan
Titan Black = Titan Black
Titan Z = Titan Z
Titan X (Maxwell) = Mitan X
Titan X (Pascal) = Pitan X
Titan Xp (Pascal) = Pitan Xp

What if you're not in the forums and not familiar with Nvidia architectures, and you just want to know which is the fastest?

The last three Titan's are all black in color, they all have Geforce GTX on them, they all have Titan X on them.
Which is which? A common person can easily decipher the 2017 model is faster than the 2016 and 2015 models.

Branding is important when dealing with common people.
Now you may say, common people don't buy this level of stuff, but they will if it was easy to understand why it's better than a basic video card.
This is why some people still have the stigma of PCs being hard to build, when it has been easy as ever.

Now you may say, common people don't buy this level of stuff, but they will if it was easy to understand why it's better than a basic video card.
This is why some people still have the stigma of PCs being hard to build, when it has been easy as ever.

The thing is, as Kyle pointed out, everyone buying a Titan X knows exactly what they're getting. It's not chump change, and it's not a common market. How would the 'common people' even know to go to the Geforce store to make an order? About as far as nvidia advertise the cards is maybe a banner ad in a driver install. In a world with Windows 10, anyone still manually installing drivers knows what these cards are.

The thing is, as Kyle pointed out, everyone buying a Titan X knows exactly what they're getting. It's not chump change, and it's not a common market. How would the 'common people' even know to go to the Geforce store to make an order? About as far as nvidia advertise the cards is maybe a banner ad in a driver install. In a world with Windows 10, anyone still manually installing drivers knows what these cards are.

Still, the confusing branding is stupid as fuck. There's 0 reason for it.

Back