Nvidia GeForce X80 and X80 Ti Pascal Specs?

Assuming this is true, seems like a 20-40% spec bump.

Not bad. Let the rumor mongering begin?

Untrue.

Untrue untrue UNTRUE I SAY.

Mostly because it lists the X80 and the 'X80 Titan' as both using GP100, yet the X80 is listed as using GDDR5, and the 'X80 Titan' as using HBM.

The two memory standards are incredibly different, requiring completely different controllers and package-sizes.

UNTRUE!

I am taking this with an ocean of salt, Titan and Ti's spec is far too different from each other. It may very well be, but given the past history with the last 2 Ti's vs their respective Titans, I am skeptical, to say the least.

Untrue.

Untrue untrue UNTRUE I SAY.

Mostly because it lists the X80 and the 'X80 Titan' as both using GP100, yet the X80 is listed as using GDDR5, and the 'X80 Titan' as using HBM.

The two memory standards are incredibly different, requiring completely different controllers and package-sizes.

UNTRUE!

Just so I'm clear, your position is that the story is untrue? :p

I don't even really care whether the specs are true or not, I just want new cards to be released soon (from either team red or team green). My hope is that the next gen mainstream cards can achieve 980ti speeds for under $450.

I don't buy these specs but hey, it's a new architecture, maybe nVidia decided to go full out on Titan, price it at $1500, release a card for the mass enthusiasts for $800, name it a Ti, then release a normal non Ti card for those who don't game at 4k.
I mean, look at Titan X vs 980Ti. Who would be crazy enough to buy Titan X when you can almost get two 980Ti for that price? No I don't buy 12gb excuse, most games at 4k use between 2.5gb - 4gb. And by the time games require 12gb Titan X will be way too old and won't be able to run them anyway.
I'm sure a lot of Titan X buyers got really unhappy when 980Ti was released. Maybe nVidia wants to increase the gap between the cards. Or perhaps that new architecture is so much more powerful that they can't get away with "shrunk down Quadro with lower performance".
If this is true... fuck me and my decision to go 4k gaming.

I think across the range it'll be a mix of gddr5 and hbm2, but I don't really see the titan being the only hbm2 part.

yeah, probably not legit. As someone else pointed out, the memory specs are all out of whack.

The core counts could be reasonably close though.

I think across the range it'll be a mix of gddr5 and hbm2, but I don't really see the titan being the only hbm2 part.

wonder if what will end up happening is the X80 ends up being the x70, X80TI is the X80 with the titan being HBM2 and then eventually the X80TI releases with HBM2 as well. but really all we can do is wait and see if samsungs just as far behind with HBM2 as hynix is for AMD.

btw is it just me or does anyone else find it funny that nvidia and AMD have swapped to each others naming schemes again? R9 XXX (Geforce 4 XXX) and nvidia going X80 (radeon X800) if that in fact ends up being what they call it. eventually they're going to run out of random letters and numbers to label their cards, lol.

eventually they're going to run out of random letters and numbers to label their cards, lol.

Why? Everything old is new again. They'll just keep cycling through the different naming conventions as long as they are around. Humans are really creative, in our own narrow minded ways.

It came from the internet, and it says "NVIDIA Confidential" at the bottom. It must be true!

Reactions: DF-1
like this
What does the 80 represent or is it simply arbitrary? Why not x10? They could of went x10 -> x900 (a decade or more) without changing naming schemes.

Back