Nvidia GeForce GTX950 access denied installing driver

Macho

Weaksauce
Other Devices in Device Manager, access denied, updating driver. after I already fixed this problem by restoring back. GPU-Z shows BLANK
like NO DEVICE shows up as my Graphics card. When I use my second HDD everything with the Graphics card is fine with
GPU-Z showing all the specifications. It almost looks like the Graphics card blew. It has something to do with updates after
I fix it by restoring a system image a month ago and it works fine.

When I try GeForce Experience it fails too. Something changed the ATTRIB so access is denied. Maybe another program after
I use my anti virus scan. Someone mentioned rolling back an update that causes this.

If the alternate(?) Windows install on your second drive has the video card work fine, then Windows is clobbered.

I had this happen once, and it was from massive OS and disk corruption that clobbered a bunch of OS files and the registry. It was easier to just do a reinstall of Windows than try to fix it.

But if you want to delve into the madness that is troubleshooting corrupt OS problems, you can try to run "chkdsk /f" and "sfc /scannow" in a command console.

If the alternate(?) Windows install on your second drive has the video card work fine, then Windows is clobbered.

I had this happen once, and it was from massive OS and disk corruption that clobbered a bunch of OS files and the registry. It was easier to just do a reinstall of Windows than try to fix it.

But if you want to delve into the madness that is troubleshooting corrupt OS problems, you can try to run "chkdsk /f" and "sfc /scannow" in a command console.
I was wondering if the old install just sees the card because the drivers are there. I would uninstall the drivers there and then try reinstalling them to rule out the card.

I was wondering if the old install just sees the card because the drivers are there. I would uninstall the drivers there and then try reinstalling them to rule out the card.
In DEVICE MANAGER, it is supposed to be listed in Display Adapter. If it is listed there, I can update the driver. When the OS later gets changed by
something, it is listed down in Other devices. The Device Manager does not know what device it is. GPU-Z then reads blank. The address that GPU-Z
reads has been altered. Also when I have this problem, the POWER BUTTON or the software power button no longer has the option for sleep. Only
restart & shut down and I do not go to sleep with the hardware button blinking anymore.
Right now I rebooted and booted up on my second HDD. No problems yet. This problem may cause some people to trash their Graphics Card when they thought it was the issue and not something to do with the Windows 10 OS updated to the most recent updates.

When I run userbenchmark.exe with this problem, it does not show any graphics capability coming on screen with any tests.

In DEVICE MANAGER, it is supposed to be listed in Display Adapter. If it is listed there, I can update the driver. When the OS later gets changed by
something, it is listed down in Other devices. The Device Manager does not know what device it is. GPU-Z then reads blank. The address that GPU-Z
reads has been altered. Also when I have this problem, the POWER BUTTON or the software power button no longer has the option for sleep. Only
restart & shut down and I do not go to sleep with the hardware button blinking anymore.
Right now I rebooted and booted up on my second HDD. No problems yet. This problem may cause some people to trash their Graphics Card when they thought it was the issue and not something to do with the Windows 10 OS updated to the most recent updates.

When I run userbenchmark.exe with this problem, it does not show any graphics capability coming on screen with any tests.
I know. I read the original post.

I'm saying your current driver being installed could be giving the information asked for. Uninstall your good driver and try and install it again.

ddu and reinstall drivers
Another computer just got the same problem. Nvidia GeForce GTX 960. Device Manager in the General Section said, Widnows turned this device off because Windows reported a problem. This is a Windows 10 & 11 problem now. Both times, no sleep mode selection with the software power button anymore.

I downloaded GeForce Experience and re install the driver and then it works, but not for long, so I went through the installation again. I have this now on 3 different computers, both old and the new.

Another computer just got the same problem. Nvidia GeForce GTX 960. Device Manager in the General Section said, Widnows turned this device off because Windows reported a problem. This is a Windows 10 & 11 problem now. Both times, no sleep mode selection with the software power button anymore.

I downloaded GeForce Experience and re install the driver and then it works, but not for long, so I went through the installation again. I have this now on 3 different computers, both old and the new.
same card in 3 systems or 3 systems with the same cards? did you turn off windows driver updates in DDU's options?

access denied when updating drivers in Device Manager. This was working previously and just started this on its own. No SLEEP MODE when this happens.

Back