Nvidia 347.25 WHQL: "MFAA support is extended to nearly every DX10 and DX11 title"

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
New driver release today, accompanying the GTX 960 launch... this is a big performance boost for anyone using antialiasing now thanks to how well 4x MFAA performs vs 4x MSAA while looking virtually identical (and hitting alpha aliasing to boot). :D

Get 'em here: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/81390

GeForce Game Ready Driver
The new GeForce Game Ready driver, release 347.25 WHQL, is aligned with today’s launch of the new GeForce GTX 960. This new GPU brings the features, power, and efficiency of the second-generation Maxwell architecture to a more mainstream gaming audience. One of the most popular features of the Maxwell architecture is Multi-Frame Sampled Anti-Aliasing (MFAA) support. With this latest release, MFAA support is extended to nearly every DX10 and DX11 title. In addition, this Game Ready WHQL driver ensures you'll have the best possible gaming experience for the latest new blockbuster titles including Dying Light.

Game Ready
Best gaming experience for Dying Light

New GeForce GPU
Supports the new GeForce GTX 960 GPU, based upon the second-generation Maxwell architecture

Gaming Technology
Expanded Multi-Frame Sampled Anti-Aliasing (MFAA) support for DX10/DX11 games

Hopefully this fixed the "Driver has stopped responding" error that my 970 was getting with the last driver.

http://www.newegg.com/Video-Cards-Video-Devices/Category/ID-38

960 is around $210 to $250

That being said, the color scheme and looks of the 960's default stock cooler looks much better than 970 or 980 for some reason

Update: Just installed the drivers, DSR and MFAA is *still* broken for SLI, I simply do not see those options on nVidia CP
I don't know on your issue, I've been able to use DSR for months when using my 1440p monitor with sli Gtx 970 s... I do know it doesn't work when using custom refresh rate through the nVidia control panel, but using toasty x's custom resolution utility does. MfAA has not had official support for sli yet and has been said to be coming "soon". Hopefully it is enabled in this release now since MfAA has such broad support..... I want to be using it :D.

Limey, your issue is a borderline unstable oc if you crash with some drivers getting that error, par for the course on every card. Sometimes driver optimization puts more stress on something and your oc, if on the edge (or not truly stable), will cause it to crash. That's why the advice has always been to back down the oc a couple of notches from max stable for gaming, to ensure stability across different games and drivers.

DSR doesn't work with G-Sync monitors and SLI afaik. Shame that MFAA is not SLI capable yet either.

So is this like dSR where it can be used in any game on the driver level, or only in games that support msaa already?

I don't know on your issue, I've been able to use DSR for months when using my 1440p monitor with sli Gtx 970 s... I do know it doesn't work when using custom refresh rate through the nVidia control panel, but using toasty x's custom resolution utility does. MfAA has not had official support for sli yet and has been said to be coming "soon". Hopefully it is enabled in this release now since MfAA has such broad support..... I want to be using it :D.

Limey, your issue is a borderline unstable oc if you crash with some drivers getting that error, par for the course on every card. Sometimes driver optimization puts more stress on something and your oc, if on the edge (or not truly stable), will cause it to crash. That's why the advice has always been to back down the oc a couple of notches from max stable for gaming, to ensure stability across different games and drivers.

Tiger, card is not at all OC'd. This is a widely reported issue with the last driver set across multiple cards.

I got the crash a few times the first day I had the card installed. At first I was worried the card was bad, but after reading about it on forums, I stopped worrying and was waiting for a new driver. I'll report back after a little gaming on this set.

DSR doesn't work with G-Sync monitors and SLI afaik. Shame that MFAA is not SLI capable yet either.

Thats my current situation, I can get DSR to work with only 1 card, but not with SLI enabled... (Swift here btw).

Ugh still no MFAA SLI Support.....really after talking it up etc. Jesus!!

Still no fix for the vcore issue in SLI.

sometimes I wish there would be a 3rd video card company.

3DFX RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

This sums up exactly how I'm feeling, and I'd add: no DSR for my SLI + ROG Swift, it's been a while now, I wonder if we'll ever get it; maybe they've coded themselves into a corner and it's just not possible.

I was very dissapointed bye the initial MFSAA release. But now it seems its a great alternative to traditional MSAA.

At first it only supported like 20 or so games, but now it seems to work with every title that does MSAA except for a few that have glitches.

[L]imey;1041376966 said:
Hopefully this fixed the "Driver has stopped responding" error that my 970 was getting with the last driver.

This bug has been around for years!!!! It will never go away. It is present on both AMD and Nvidia. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss... :D

I have a swift, and 2 970GTX's i dont always have g-sync turned on i use ULMC or what ever that light strobe thing is, which auto disables g-sync when activated, so maybe thats why i see DSR resoltions in my games, and often use 2700 x 1788 or what ever the next step above 1440p is. No issues here, but yea, probably wont enable with g-sync enabled. I have tested in assasins creed unity, farcry 4, and metro last light redux and saints row gat out of hell.

I've had no problem turning on DSR using two Gtx 970 cards in SLI since launch. I've heard some small numbers of people saying it won't show up for them even in supported setups but it's uncommon. I am able to run 2560x1440 DSR'd up to anything I want at 100hz on my x-star dp2710 for example, though I often game on my 4k panel (Acer b326hk).

I've had no problem turning on DSR using two Gtx 970 cards in SLI since launch. I've heard some small numbers of people saying it won't show up for them even in supported setups but it's uncommon. I am able to run 2560x1440 DSR'd up to anything I want at 100hz on my x-star dp2710 for example, though I often game on my 4k panel (Acer b326hk).
Nvidia themselves had said DSR was NOT working with SLI so if you had it working since launch then you were the one out of the norm.

Nvidia driver support really has gone down the drain. 4 months now and still no working DSR with SLI and G-Sync. :rolleyes:

Nvidia themselves had said DSR was NOT working with SLI so if you had it working since launch then you were the one out of the norm.

Welp, count me out of the norm also. It has worked since I got my 970s in November with my 2560x1080 ultrawide.

Welp, count me out of the norm also. It has worked since I got my 970s in November with my 2560x1080 ultrawide.
I was talking about at release and you got your cards two months after that...

I think the issue now with SLI is if you have a high refresh rate monitor then DSR might not work. I could be wrong but I know I saw some posts about that.

Then they were wrong since most everyone posting at that time had no problem enabling it either :p.

I was talking about at release and you got your cards two months after that...

I think the issue now with SLI is if you have high refresh rate monitor then DSR might not work.

As I said, by setting a custom resolution it works fine with any 3rd party utility, though it remains bugged for the one built into the control panel in those setups. I run 2560x1440 100hz using DSR.

As I said, by setting a custom resolution it works fine with any 3rd party utility, though it remains bugged for the one built into the control panel in those setups. I run 2560x1440 100hz using DSR.

Yea I have no issues with sli, custom refresh rate, and dSR combined

Yea I got my 970's in SLI working with DSR since launch. Now it didn't work with custom refresh rate right away, but it sounds like they fixed that issue. I havent checked since.

These drivers seem pretty good so far no my end. Getting some really bad stuttering in diablo 3, but that could be blizzard.

Yea I have no issues with sli, custom refresh rate, and dSR combined

Okay, care to illuminate those of us who haven't? I can enable DSR in SLI but not at a custom refresh rate, even when using Toastyx's utility.

So if I enable MFAA in Nvidia control panel... should I turn off all other in-game AA?

No, you need to have atleast 2xMSAA enabled in the game you playing and want MFAA, and have it enabled in the Global Nvidia control panel. So 2xMSAA is 4xMFAA, 4xMSAA= 8xMFAA, etc.

There's no documentation in the release notes, but this set of drivers seems to have greatly improved performance with Assassin's Creed Unity, at least for people (me) running it on a GTX660 SLI setup. Even the SLI flickering issue seems to be fixed.

Do these finally allow DSR with Surround?

Guess I'll give 'em a try when I get home and report back.

3DFX RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

Unfortunately Jen-Hsun will have to be put in his first before that will be allowed to happen. The demise and acquisition of 3dfx's IP and assets/engineers was/is arguably one of the biggest feathers in his cap

Regardless of my gripes with the lack of support for DSR + Surrount/SLi and no MFAA for SLi yet I have to say to broaden support this much is impressive. Now they need to get their driver teams split in half to implement MFAA for SLi and SLI + Surround as well as DSR in a equal way.

well i went to SLI due the fact that most people here swore nvidia drivers are uber and amd ones suck

the joke's on me

well i went to SLI due the fact that most of people here swore nvidia drivers are uber and amd ones suck

the joke's on me

They both suck if you ask me. The only smooth SLI/Crossfire experience you can get is the 290/290x with the XDMA Tech AMD uses.

[H] has mentioned numerous times how much smoother crossfire is now compared to SLI.

Back