NV Surround and Grid

MADOGRE

Limp Gawd
Any of you guys get it to work?
I cant get it to lauch, exe stops responding, not sure if its NV surround driver, or the cards config causing it.

Thanks for any input in advance.

I had a problem launching it the other day, the solution was to remove the save folder, launch, start a new savegame and replace the save game file. On second thought I think that was shift...sorry

That game is a lost cause man. It refused to run in 3d for me, would crash after like 5 seconds. Then it stopped working with my th2g altogether. I was never able to get it to work after that on more than one monitor. It crashed all the time even on one monitor. Multiple systems as well. I never bought another code'masters' game again after that. Pure junk.

I did not have any problem running it. Did you try reinstalling it again? just backup your saved game folder so once you uninstall it and install it back, you should have all your saved game.

I've gotten all of the codemasters games to work fine on eyefinity, and I've got a friend who runs Dirt 1 on his dual 480's, and they're practically the same game engine wise.

I was just about say that someone else on the Nvidia forums was having the same issue, when I realized it was you. :p

I had the same problem, as soon as the game started it came up with the same error.

I haven't updated the game though, have you tried an update?

Thanks guys, I reinstalled the game, updated to latest patch 1.3 and it still a no go.
with NV surround off it works, so its not the driver, so its some thing that codemasters is going to have to fix I think.

It simply does not work in Surround. Changing the resolution in normal mode to the smallest possible size and then retrying in Surround does nothing. There doesn't even appear to be an option to run it in windowed mode, but I have no idea why that would help anyway.

Pretty retarded, since I bought the game just so I could have one racing game to play with in Surround (not interested in racing around in dirt).

Pretty retarded, since I bought the game just so I could have one racing game to play with in Surround (not interested in racing around in dirt).

Dirt 2 is better than Grid in all possible ways.

Can I suggest Burnout Paradise and Blur as well?

Grid is junk plain and simple which is really sad because when it worked with my th2g across all 3 monitors in 3d using 3d discover it was awesome. It just always crashed a lot and then finally stopped working in th2g altogether. And if you are waiting for code'masters' to fix the bugs then you will have a looong wait. Those guys stopped supporting this game a long time ago. I stopped supporting them accordingly. To this day it is still the only game I have ever purchased that crashed as much as it did. I've played a lot of sucky games lately *cough* bc2, but they sucked because they sucked. Not because they were buggy and crashed. Grid takes the cake as far as poor stability.

Back