NV Silencer 5 Rev 3, $25 Shipped, SVC

2k2_zx2

[H]ard|Gawd
I got this in my email newsletter this morning. They have them for $19.99, shipping came out to $4.91 for me.

Here is the link

Cheapest one with shipping that I have seen.

So now, the age-old question: this, or a VF700? We all saw the Accelero/VF7/VF9 review, but I've yet to see a head-to-head between Accelero/NV5, or NV5/VF700.

mavalpha said:
So now, the age-old question: this, or a VF700? We all saw the Accelero/VF7/VF9 review, but I've yet to see a head-to-head between Accelero/NV5, or NV5/VF700.
Can you link those reviews?

Also, revision 3 works with the 7900 right?

damn.. just got that in from newegg yesterday.. :(
it works great tho. decreased my overall temps by 5 degrees (which isn't much IMO) but once the game ends, it cools the card down very quickly.

Rex, it works with 7900 but you need to cut off the end because it's too long. do a search on the video card forums.

i've heard there's a lot of compatibility problems with this cooler and ati cards, can anyone confirm this?

ZeroH said:
damn.. just got that in from newegg yesterday.. :(
it works great tho. decreased my overall temps by 5 degrees (which isn't much IMO) but once the game ends, it cools the card down very quickly.

Rex, it works with 7900 but you need to cut off the end because it's too long. do a search on the video card forums.
Ah yeah, I just saw the hack job pictures :eek:

Hmm...

Try changing the shipper, you get $999 as a charge when the item exceeds the weight limit.

Picked one up today w/ free shipping (local pickup) :D

Dropped my 7900gt load temps about 10C oh and I used a small handsaw to hack off the end of it to fit my case.

danbanger said:
Picked one up today w/ free shipping (local pickup) :D

Dropped my 7900gt load temps about 10C oh and I used a small handsaw to hack off the end of it to fit my case.

I bit the bullet and paid the $5 shipping to get one shipped to me. I dont think I could get out of MI for $5 in gas, (jacked up to 2.65/gal today, :mad: ).

Hehe the drive in itself probably costed me around 5 dollars, but hey, I got it in my hands now!

Back