Notebook for WIFI / Portability

hellomcfly

Limp Gawd
right now i have a dell inspirion 9300 (17inch widescreen) and i realized i need a smaller laptop to have with me at school .. this is just to big to be as portible as i want

im looking for
- 13inch .. (i can do 12 or 14 .. but 13 seems perfect)
- great battery life
- great wireless card
- harddrive size does not matter
- decent video card

looking to keep it under 1000 .. if i could stay under 750 .. that would be even better

the 14.1 dell vostro has my eye .. but it looks really chunky and i need it to be lightttt

13": Yes
Great battery: yes, 4.5 hours
Great wifi: yes 802.11n
Hard drive: plenty big
Graphics: work great for me and my uses

shop the refurb section on apple.com, I have seen notebooks as low as $799 there.

i would prefer to stick with PC at this time .. for school / class software needs :mad:

hmmm, the dell xps m1330 looks nice, but its pricey
http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/xpsnb_m1330?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

The inspiron 1420 looks nice, and it comes in a bunch of colors which is kind of cool.

You could always run boot camp / parallels with windows xp for anything that dosn't work in os-X on the macbook. I use a macbook as my primary college computer (actually I don't even have a secondary lol). I do have parallels installed with windows xp, but I booted up maybe 5 times last semester (and 3 of those were just showing off to friends). The switch isn't as big of a jump as alot of people make it sound

good luck shopping and in school this semester!

Back