Not Cisco...but BALLIN'

JayAre

Limp Gawd
Gutting the Corporate office infrastructure...been at my current job for about a year. We're getting off hubs and unmanaged switches. There isn't really "functional" network design per say. There's tons of copper connections running between floors. Floor jacks on the 4th floor would be terminated in the 2nd floor closet, well exceeding the 100BaseT distance limitations. I'm just happy to see us moving in the right directions.

Below is one of my partners "mounting" the switches...
IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

It always feels good when management decides to do something "right" for a change in IT.

fyi, Procurves are sexy (I've got a smaller one 3 feet from me right now, love it.

that chassis is sexy... cf card and a dimm? unf unf unf

reminds my of my 4108, just with less ports :p

those 1U switches look like 2650's... they changed their logo? I have 3 of those at home and i love them...

oh and HP > Cisco, no question at all, lifetime warranty = WIN

as long as the serial number is intact HP will cover it...

and dont forget free software updates, nice web GUI's etc... i love it!

FELCOM said:
that chassis is sexy... cf card and a dimm? unf unf unf

reminds my of my 4108, just with less ports

those 1U switches look like 2650's... they changed their logo? I have 3 of those at home and i love them...

oh and HP > Cisco, no question at all, lifetime warranty = WIN

as long as the serial number is intact HP will cover it...

and dont forget free software updates, nice web GUI's etc... i love it!

Nice 4108. I have the 4104, but they don't make a large fiber card module. The card for the 4100 series only has 6 ports, giving me a total of 12 for 2 slots. I need at least 10 or 11 for the current network.

I wanted to have the option of expandability. I wasn't aware of the lifetime warranty. You are correct though, they are the 2650's.

It's always nice to take a network out of the dark ages!

I worked fo ra contractor who did work for Banknorth about 6/7 years ago and we went through the same thing. Wires run tot he nearest closet at the time. Hubs chained off each other way out of spec. People wondered why some computer could get to certain servers and other couldn't.

They finally went all Cisco and cleaned up every single closet.

Back