Nostromo N52 + Vista?

jtzako

Limp Gawd
Has anyone made the Nostromo N52 pad work in Vista x64?

My computer detects it as "HID Compliant Device" but it doesnt show up in game controllers in control panel.
Also, the Nostromo software doesnt seem to know its there either. (I cannot select a device to assign a "loadout to)

Anyone have luck with this?

The windows xp x64 driver that came out today appears to work. Thanks for the heads up. I had not been to the site again today.

I did have to hit F8 during boot and temporarily disable the signed driver requirement though.

don't install anything it reads like a keyboard just map your keys in the game. works perfect for me and i have not installed anything

I actually dont want it to read like a keyboard in teh game because it maps the wrong keys. I remap them all to buttons I want it to "push" for me. I mainly want to use it for quick access to commonly used abilities. Now that I got the software working properly it works great.

so what did you guys do to turn off driver signing every time to boot up to use the xp64 drivers? Or do you know of real drivers for vista?

I dont know what I would do it I didnt have my N52.
Todays games need the extra buttons and the N52 is golden!
I'm so glad I didn't switch to Vista yet, I knew MS would need a good long year to get all the driver issues under control.

Example of a great game for the N52.
Arma

Anyone who has played this game knows it's button madness!
I have every button on the N52 used up in all 3 LED modes and my G15 has a ton of buttons used also, plus my key board and joystick.

Anyone who doesn't have a N52 should get one, makes gaming a lot more fun!

Ive been using the nostoromo software to program my n52 for months. I think I selected xp compatibility when I installed it. Whatever I did it works perfectly so I dont know.

It works fine in Vista x86, its the issues specific to x64 that I've had issues with. The only way to get it working and keep it working is to always boot to F8 and select driver override.

It works fine in Vista x86, its the issues specific to x64 that I've had issues with. The only way to get it working and keep it working is to always boot to F8 and select driver override.

We need signed drivers. I send them an email to bother them about it. We all should be doing so, at least those of us with Vista64

I did some reading here:

http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=7524&pid=304655&st=120&#entry304655

appears to be a workaround. I haven't tried yet as I don't feel like hunting for a PS/2 mouse in the closet. from post 131

Hi folks ! OK, I'll let u know how you can get N52 running under Vista 64bit. I have figured out yesterday night, after 4 hours and 145788 restarts and 25 cigs:
1., get VistaBootPro 3.2 http://www.vistabootpro.org and disable x64's driver integrity check (no more F8 needed)
2., restart
3., install the latest beta driver http://www.belkin.com/uk/software-drivers/...ostromo_v3g.exe
4., restart. now you have the Nostromo software, but device manager only showing USD-HID devices, not NostromoN52, no way to get N52 working correctly
5., get Belkin's x64 beta driver here http://files.filefront.com/Nostromo_x64msi...;/fileinfo.html and save to C:\ (*.msi is the important thing !)
6., start cmd as admin and unpack the *.msi file with "msiexec.exe /a C:\Nostromo_x64.msi TARGETDIR=C:\n52"
new you have a new directory "C:\n52" wich includes a directory with x64 drivers !

now it is getting interesting:
7., shut down, unplug ALL USB devices from your PC, just leave N52 plugged, also any USB keyboard should be unplugged and better take a PS/2 mice and a PS/2 keyboard when you have one (keyboard isn't necessary so much)
8., start the PC, take your mice and go to the control panel --> device manager. Because all other USB devices all unplugged, the two lines under Human Interface Device USB-HID are for the N52. Make a right click on the 1st and manualy update the driver using the *.inf file from the directory C:\n52 and the same for the 2nd USB-HID line
9., Vista 64 has installed the drivers, your Nostromo software is already set up, you are done !

Have fun and see you on the BF2142 servers !

Greetings from Vienna, Austria !

For Vista x64 users. The trick is to disable driver signature enforcement. (admitadly I havent tried the brand spanky new drivers.. this may be an issue of the past). To do this you need to do F8 during boot up like you were trying to start the pc in safe mode, bottom option is disable signature enforcment. Do this and the currently avail XP 64 drivers work just fine.

Edit.. nm .. already posted. There is a simple line that can be added to your boot files via bcdedit that will force signature enforcment off.. but damned if I can find it right now :(

Is there a problem with 32bit as well, or do the drivers work fine?
I can't play any FPS's without my N52.

Back