noob 280mm and 360mm radiator

balance101

Limp Gawd
Hi there I have a lian Li A77F. the case can take dual 140mm in the top and tripple 120mm in the front. I want a quiet system. Will use Scythe AP15 with lamptron FC5v2 to run fans at lower RPMs

For 360mm I'm thinking about XPSC RX360 <-- lots of people love this rad =)

for 280 I'm not sure, Hardware labs black ice SR-1 280mm looks nice but is it ok to mix radiator. I'm live in Canada. I can get my hands on XPSC from NCIX but black ice not so sure

will be cooling 670 gtx sli and i7, will probably do the setup when haswell is out, just planning a head XD

thanks

Last edited:
Hardware labs black ice SR-1 280mm looks nice but is it ok to mix radiator.

Completely fine as long as one isn't aluminum (not too many of these out there so not a huge concern).

will be cooling 670 gtx sli and i7, will probably do the setup when haswell is out, just planning a head XD

You'll be fine with just that RX360. Why not add the 280 later when prices go down and more options are available?

Hmm one 360 will do. What's the general rule for how many rads you need. For pump I'm thinking about bit power because it looks very slick. Switiftech makes great pumps but they look dull

Hmm one 360 will do. What's the general rule for how many rads you need. For pump I'm thinking about bit power because it looks very slick. Switiftech makes great pumps but they look dull

"rule of thumb" is one 120mm rad per component, but this is a very loose rule of thumb.

In PC water cooling there are really only four types of pumps, Laing DDC, Laing D5, Jingway 400, and Jingway 1200. All pumps you buy from water cooling companies are a rebadge of one of these models. In the Bitspower case they just slap some bling onto a D5. you could try to find the pump for cheap and buy the Bitspower pieces for it.

oh did not know that, wow bitpower are expensive XD but so damn sexy

just wondering will 1 pump be enough for 360 + 280 + sli water blocks and cpu block or two pumps? increase circulation = lower temperature? or is one pump already over kill PSI for it?

just wondering will 1 pump be enough for 360 + 280 + sli water blocks and cpu block or two pumps? increase circulation = lower temperature? or is one pump already over kill PSI for it?

Depends on how restrictive the blocks you buy are. Also depends on what type of pump you get. A DDC with aftermarket pump top does pretty well against higher restriction.

If you have the cash get as much as you can/ & can fit in your case. Frozencpu . com is a alright place to look or compare with other sites for some parts.

Back