Non-sucky online PC games?

finalgt

Supreme [H]ardness
I generally kill time the best with multiplayer online shooters, but evidently they all suck now. I got into CS:S for all of about 2 days, but then I realized the people on it are generally assholes, and the game itself has a headshot system apparently determined by random numbers. Any ideas on a good one?

hl2dm. and some great maps are sure to be out after the valve contest.

Most online games have idiots in them...private games are usually much more fun than a public server, and you won't run into cheaters as often. My UT2004 experiences have been much better than CS. You could play TFC too!

Agreed with TFC. That game is gold and all of the lame players have moved on to ruin other games.

Aren't there like, 17 people worldwide still playing TFC?

HL2DM ain't my style. Some of the guns are way, way too powerful for it to be considered fun when you don't have one of those guns. And even when you have one of the megapoweful guns, it's a guilty kind of victory, because you know you'd have to suck to not kill when it's shotgun/rocket/magnum vs pistol/SMG.

It has about half the people and servers as HL2DM...just behind NS (which you might like too).

UT2k4 i play now. seems rarely anyone chats in it which is nice, plus i disabled voice so i don't hear them that way

I just remembered, it can't be a HL1 based mod. I'm banned for the next 3 and a half years or so (got banned a year and a half ago) from VAC servers on first-generation Steam servers.

Before you ask/condemn/whatever, no, I don't cheat, nor have I ever. No, I don't know why I got banned, and no, Valve won't tell me why I was.

finalgt said:

HL2DM ain't my style. Some of the guns are way, way too powerful for it to be considered fun when you don't have one of those guns. And even when you have one of the megapoweful guns, it's a guilty kind of victory, because you know you'd have to suck to not kill when it's shotgun/rocket/magnum vs pistol/SMG.

you always have a very powerful gun. gravity gun.

if you like large scale military you could try joint ops w/ the new expansion

if you like futuristic team stuff you could try tribes vengance

finalgt said:

Many people still play TFC. It's actually one of the more popular mods out there.

Tribes 2 is regaining popularity, and Tribes Vengeance is generally considered to be the unsung hero of 2004. Try one of those two.

Or, assuming you can find a copy, World of Warcraft is pretty popular.

finalgt said:

www.konspiracy.org

At the moment there's 68 clans of about 15 people each (9 people needed for match, 15 is around average, mine has like 25). 68 * 15 + about 50 people who are in beetween clans + about 300 pubbers = around 1350.

It's true the number of people is going down. The main league for TFC, STA, has shrunk from 5 to 3 divisions over the past year. Nevertheless the community is still really alive.

i still fire up tfc for a rip once in a while, gotta hate the flagholders in dustbowl.

Back