Non-skid Rubber pads falling off M6807

Threader

Limp Gawd
the two back left and right Non-skid Rubber pads fell off my M6807 :(

I had this happen before to my previous Toshiba notebook. I used cement glue and had carefully cleaned both rubber pads and laptop with solvent but the fix was never permanent. Pads would eventually fall off again.

What will permanently BOND the rubber pads this time around on my M6807?

Geez why don't laptop manufacturers stop bloddy glueing these suckers and use screws or better anchoring strategies for the rubber feet?

thanks

I guess double-sided tape won't work well due to the heat. Epoxy would probably become too brittle over time. :confused:

yeah for some reason the pad on the battery of my 600M always comes off. I lost one of them (I have two batteries). Don't know why it's only that one. :confused:

pxc said:
I guess double-sided tape won't work well due to the heat. Epoxy would probably become too brittle over time. :confused:

dewd ya got something here. what about the double sided heatsink tape???

The trouble is the rubber pads get a good tug each time you set it down or move it around on your table.

Would the heatsink tape be able to withstand the forces. Heatsink tape does not get tugged but they do withstand heat well. Maybe too well for what heat the plastic underside of my M6807 exposes the pads too.

Threader said:
dewd ya got something here. what about the double sided heatsink tape???

The trouble is the rubber pads get a good tug each time you set it down or move it around on your table.

Would the heatsink tape be able to withstand the forces. Heatsink tape does not get tugged but they do withstand heat well. Maybe too well for what heat the plastic underside of my M6807 exposes the pads too.

Thermal Adhesive material might work...but it seems kinda pricey for this application

Back