NOmAd Jukebox Xtra.. . .

isocrazy

Limp Gawd
Nomad Xtra

has anybody had any expierence with this mp3 player goods bads etc. cuz i wanna buy an mp3 player that is relatively good cuz if im gonna spend this kinda money might as well get something that will last.
tell me what you think

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I got the 40GB version of this recently. Have had no problems. Battery is easily replaceable if it ever totally dies. Sounds great (though I need to get a better set of ear-buds, like ones from Shure). Works very well and gives you a lot of storage for a decent price. From what I understand, it also supports the greatest number of file formats.

I'd reccomend it.

Mr.Dearthian :cool:

a friend of mine bought the 30gb zen xtra...awsome little fucker if i may so my self. I was impressed with the sound quality and the ability to play back nearly every music format him or I use...plus you can transport data on it...very helpfull when swapping files.
myself ill be getting a 40gb or the 60gb later on

IGN REVIEW

IGN gave it a 9.3 overall so far it looks awesome .. and ure testominals are makin me lean towards this more and more heh ipod is too expensive and only 40 gig.. 60 gig is thumpin

myself I want one...income tax will probaly score me one :)
ipod can blow me as far as im concerned

Originally posted by Visable-assassin
myself I want one...income tax will probaly score me one :)
ipod can blow me as far as im concerned

LOL

actually i was wondering if u buy the ipod off buy.com or amazon.com is it possible to purchase a warranty that is exteneded by a year or maybe 2 years? i e-mailed creative they said they dont offer that :\

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Creative Labs Online Customer Service.
Unfortunately, we currently do not have extended warranties available
at
this time. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance and
thank you for your interest in our product.

Please retain all the previous correspondence when replying to this
email.

Best Regards

Chris (12790)
Customer Service
Creative Labs Americas

Originally posted by isocrazy
LOL

actually i was wondering if u buy the ipod off buy.com or amazon.com is it possible to purchase a warranty that is exteneded by a year or maybe 2 years?

AppleCare. 3 years, $59.

I have the 40GB unit as well and REALLY like it. Sure, it's bigger than an iPod, but it is still manageable (and the price can't be beat).

Only trouble is, the latest firmware (1.02.1) tends to produce a slight crackle in the right channel on certain files (I find some MP3's encoded at 192KB or greater, and WMA files with similar encoding levels cause this). You do have to really listen for it at times, but I've simply dropped down to the 1.01 firmware and it works just fine).

One other bug -- the File Manager interface seems buggy on my system -- always crashing when re-tagging multiple files at once. Luckily Mediasource still works for that. :)

Back