Noisy H100

PurduEE

[H]ard|Gawd
I just installed an H100 in a new SB-E build (Corsair 650D case). How noisy is the pump in this thing? Mine is rattling something fierce. I've tried laying the case on its side, tipping it forward to no avail. I also found a note that holding the fan speed selector for 3-4 seconds on power-on will reset the pump, but again, no joy.

Did I get a bad one?

Leave it run for a few days, if it doesn't straighten out then RMA it, used to use an h-50 and it was very loud for about 5 days then it went away.

My h50 sounded fine never made noise except air bubbles but that's normal?

Shouldn't have air bubbles in it...

Guess what? it did! still does lol it is in my basement and I used it last weekend to do some fudging around with a chiller for the rad, and yep still has a little air bubble in it and was grinding on the bubble for a few hours and then coughed it out back into the rad.

That would require interaction with Corsair. I own at least the following Corsair products:

3x H50s
1x H70
2x HX1050s
2x 650Ds
2x H100s
1x Force 3 SSD

I've filled out the "technical support" web thing at least 3 times for some contact re this H100. No automated response or anything... Awesome support.

Anyone have a phone number for these guys?

Thier support has been pretty good for me in the past. I hit thier forums also which helps speed things along. That H100 should be pretty quiet. Mine is about as loud as 120mm fan at about 900-1000rpm to get an idea of noise.

Back