Nobara and VirtualBox Guest Additions

I have the latest version of Virtual Box, 7.0.10 r158379 and the latest Guest Additions. I enabled the option for Host to Guest but it won't copy a file. I even tried bidirectional with the same results. I'm running Windows 11 22H2 - not sure if that is an issue.

As a workaround you should be able to setup an SMB share on your Windows 11 host then mount it in the VM. Not sure on fixing the issue itself.

I guess you're referring to dragndrop? Are the modules loaded, groups/permissions correct? Here are the known limitations:
4.4.2. Known Limitations
The following limitations are known for drag and drop:

On Windows hosts, dragging and dropping content between UAC-elevated (User Account Control) programs and non-UAC-elevated programs is not allowed. If you start Oracle VM VirtualBox with Administrator privileges then drag and drop will not work with Windows Explorer, which runs with regular user privileges by default.

On Linux hosts and guests, programs can query for drag and drop data while the drag operation is still in progress. For example, on LXDE using the PCManFM file manager. This currently is not supported. As a workaround, a different file manager, such as Nautilus, can be used instead.
https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch04.html

I usually just do a shared folder, or mount a virtual disk, copy files, then unmount and mount in the machine. But I like doing things the hard way.

Back