No sygate in vista?

Stuh505

Limp Gawd
I'm in a bit of a panic right now because it looks like Sygate doesn't work in Vista 64-bit. I don't know of any other firewalls that even came close to Sygate's level of control. Is there any "real" firewall that works for Vista?

I don't want a grandma firewall. I want to be able to block all of the windows kernel services, every executable should be blocked by default unless I give it permission, this is the level of control I need...I've tested dozens of firewalls on my old rig and I found that Sygate was the only one that actually delivered and that I could trust. So what do I do now? Are there any other control freaks who use Vista?

I'm in a bit of a panic right now because it looks like Sygate doesn't work in Vista 64-bit. I don't know of any other firewalls that even came close to Sygate's level of control. Is there any "real" firewall that works for Vista?

I don't want a grandma firewall. I want to be able to block all of the windows kernel services, every executable should be blocked by default unless I give it permission, this is the level of control I need...I've tested dozens of firewalls on my old rig and I found that Sygate was the only one that actually delivered and that I could trust. So what do I do now? Are there any other control freaks who use Vista?

What version of Sygate are you using? As you may know they've been bought out by Symantec and it is no longer called Sygate. Symantec came out with Symantec Sygate Enterprise Protection a few years ago which would allow the level of control you desire, but it does not support Vista. I believe Symantec Endpoint Protection is the current release and it has support for Vista, but I've got no experience with it.

Back