No surprise... Windows 7 Build 7057 leaks... some new stuff...

Some don't call it progressive, but I miss Outlook Express. It was very convenient and simple.
Change for the sake of change is not progress.

Just made the jump to 7057 x64. Nice and fast here, just installed steam and I can't wait to try Dawn of War 2, downloading it now.

anyone experience this with a router? When im connected to my linksys wireless router (plugged in, not thru wireless) I dont have access to the net, but when im directly plugged into the dsl modem, everything is fine.

Its wierd because I installed 7057 over 7000, and vista and 7000 worked fine with the router. And we have voip connected to the router and it works fine.

When connected to the router, its like it has no network access, gets a pop up about dialing up... but as soon as i plug in straight to the modem, i get teh windows notice sound like it recognizes the modem.

I don't know if this is related or not. I had a similar problem with my setup where it would come up and say no Internet. When I set up a computer to use my router (specifically my Linksys router) I set the DNS in the TCP/IP properties for my connection to use the router (I set up my system static IP so I can forward ports to it and such). That was giving me problems, so I set the DNS to use the actual DNS for my ISP and I haven't have a problem since.

Just a thought.

i was happy at first with Windows 7, but soon got tired of the multiple times daily hard systems hangs.....installed Ubuntu 8.10 and other than a USB transfer bug from time to time it's much nicer

i was happy at first with Windows 7, but soon got tired of the multiple times daily hard systems hangs.....installed Ubuntu 8.10 and other than a USB transfer bug from time to time it's much nicer

obvious_troll.jpg

I'm running the beta build at home and build 7057 at work, no system hangs here, must be a PEBKAC :rolleyes:

I don't know if this is related or not. I had a similar problem with my setup where it would come up and say no Internet. When I set up a computer to use my router (specifically my Linksys router) I set the DNS in the TCP/IP properties for my connection to use the router (I set up my system static IP so I can forward ports to it and such). That was giving me problems, so I set the DNS to use the actual DNS for my ISP and I haven't have a problem since.

Just a thought.

thanks, could you tell me how u did that? i remember back durinv vista days, i had to change something address on the router because it would conflict wiht my dsl modem, I dont remember what it was, but it was basically changing the last digit of the address?? i forgot what its called hahah sorry. But id appreciate your input, maybe thats it. If not, ill give it til this weekend and go back to vista

this just in, beta OS isnt as stable as non-beta

too obvious man, too obvious

i installed win7 and was like 'omg i dont have cascading menus' and it also wouldn't sleep when i hit the power button it just powers off i hate this os i went back to win 3.1 and it works MUCH better. win7=fail

i installed win7 and was like 'omg i dont have cascading menus' and it also wouldn't sleep when i hit the power button it just powers off i hate this os i went back to win 3.1 and it works MUCH better. win7=fail

How I miss the days of 3.11 w/network support :D

just installed the x64 version on my machine in a dual boot with vista64. So far everything is running just fine - but I have a slightly odd issue with aero. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like this or not - it just seems to be stuttering ever so slightly. for instance, it's really obvious when I open/close windows and it does the little fade-in/fade-out thing. anyone else have this issue? I'm running a gtx285 so there should be no problem. I'm thinking its driver related; I just installed the newest beta win7 nvidia drivers. I was planning on using the ones windows gives you, but windows update never offered any, and device manager did not show my 285, it was just generic video device or whatever.

also, i just noticed, i'm getting horrible lag as I'm typing this post. Every few seconds, firefox kind of hangs and it looks like the taskbar refreshes/reloads. kind of hard to describe. Odd.

Someone get this man a beer and a medal.

I've put this in my signature.

just installed the x64 version on my machine in a dual boot with vista64. So far everything is running just fine - but I have a slightly odd issue with aero. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like this or not - it just seems to be stuttering ever so slightly. for instance, it's really obvious when I open/close windows and it does the little fade-in/fade-out thing. anyone else have this issue? I'm running a gtx285 so there should be no problem. I'm thinking its driver related; I just installed the newest beta win7 nvidia drivers. I was planning on using the ones windows gives you, but windows update never offered any, and device manager did not show my 285, it was just generic video device or whatever.

also, i just noticed, i'm getting horrible lag as I'm typing this post. Every few seconds, firefox kind of hangs and it looks like the taskbar refreshes/reloads. kind of hard to describe. Odd.

Try reinstalling the latest vista drivers for your card.

From what I've heard, the Win7 Nvidia drivers aren't that great yet. I've been using the Vista64 Nvidia drivers and they've worked great for me.

From what I've heard, the Win7 Nvidia drivers aren't that great yet. I've been using the Vista64 Nvidia drivers and they've worked great for me.

The Windows 7 nvidia drivers flat out suck in my opinion.

My Windows 7 machine will randomly catch the nvidia driver and have to restart. I'm talking I'm doing absolutely nothing but using Firefox to visit a site like [H]. Then poof screen blinks a few times and I get the bubble stating the system had to recover the driver from a crash.

Normal Vista x64 driver does not have that issue thus why I'm using that. ;)

Nvidia Windows 7 beta driver is pretty solid to me. No crashing so far.
Vermillion, your sig still says 2x Visiontek HD4870 with Cat 9.3. What Nvidia card are you using that caused the dll issue?

And in the "WTF" category, I present the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service (wmpnetwk.exe) which uses huge amounts of RAM! It seems to occur randomly, but usually iTunes is playing...
wmpwtf.png

I noticed this in Build 7048... Still present in Build 7057. Believe me, I sent feedback on this one!

Bah, getting random BSOD's left and right all of a sudden in 7057. Really hard to diagnose when nothing has changed.

Having the same issue on my GT 7 series....

Will the Vista x64 driver work?

Well I have spent hours playing Fallout 3 and Dawn of War 2 with no problems. I do, however, have a problem with my computer waking up from sleep, every once in awhile. Even when I hit a button on the keyboard or move the mouse my monitor says there is no signal coming from my video card. Only a reset seems to fix this.

Well I have spent hours playing Fallout 3 and Dawn of War 2 with no problems. I do, however, have a problem with my computer waking up from sleep, every once in awhile. Even when I hit a button on the keyboard or move the mouse my monitor says there is no signal coming from my video card. Only a reset seems to fix this.
I had one issue with coming out of sleep where I clicked my mouse to wake up and it did but the mouse wouldn't work anymore. I had to unplug it and plug it back in.

I also keep getting some desktop configuration file in my start menu in some folders, and on boot up it pops up.

Otherwise, 7057 is pretty nice improvement over 7000. The gui is a lot less quirky and it feels like it's basically done now. The issues I had with the OS are gone now. I also like at idle it drops down to about 30-31 running processes.

Shut down actually is faster on 7 than my Vista box now though but boot up times and overall system performance is virtually identical. When 7 launches I'll grab it off my msdn AA account for no charge but I wouldn't pay for it, not enough improvement.

i am about to install 7057 on the 2nd partition on my eeepc 1000he. i currently have build 7000 on it right now, but i want to see 7057 and if there are any noticeable improvements on a low-powered system.

i am probably gonna do a full format and install, but i was eyeballing the upgrade option. what do you guys think? i would prefer to not have to reinstall all of my programs and what not, but i dont know if i trust it...

Retail OS? Maybe. Beta OS...nooooo, I'd nuke that mofo like Earth in BSG and start clean (and I'll probably get around to doing that tomorrow on my expendable laptop, but it doesn't have jack installed on it anyway other than the 7048/x64 build).

Retail OS? Maybe. Beta OS...nooooo, I'd nuke that mofo like Earth in BSG and start clean (and I'll probably get around to doing that tomorrow on my expendable laptop, but it doesn't have jack installed on it anyway other than the 7048/x64 build).

well, i went ahead and did the upgrade option instead of a clean install. it actually worked very well, except for the fact that it took like an hour to install on my netbook, but whatever.

Back