No sound from shuttle.

GlobalFear

2[H]4U
Hi, can't get any sound out of my SN85G4v2. Using onboard. I've tried the latest drivers and this is a fresh install of xp pro. Thanks.

Shuttle SN85G4v2
AMD A64 3200+
Corsiar LL 1gb pc3200
ATI 9500 Pro :(
WD160gb HDD
Liteon DVDRW

Have you made sure that onboard audio is enabled in the BIOS?
Was it working before the fresh WinXP install and now it isn't?
Have you checked device manager to see if anything comes up goofy?
In the control panel>sounds and audio devices>audio tab what is listed under default device for each section?

Just the other day I was troubleshooting a system and the problem came down to the windows sound kernal being corrupted...

And yes, a PCI sound card COULD fix it, depending on what the actual source of the problem is. As always check everything before you slap down any cash. Your SN85 can't really be that old. If it's broken, RMA the fscker.

-dB

Stopped working on old install so I reformated.
Onboard is enabled in the bios,
Device manager doesn't pick anything bad up.
Listed in the cp is: Nvidia Nforce Audio.

Think rmaing it is out of the question, external fan mod.

Stupid question, but do you have the speakers plugged in the right spot?

sorry yea IS

if it dont work rma it. why shld u get another sound card? shuttle obn board sound shld work

i have had customers whos audio dont work and i think usb and audio channels are liekly near or same bus. sometimes if usb not work , then audio may not work too.

I have working USB. My kb and mouse aswell as my joystick are coonected via usb.

As I've said, it's modded so rmaing is out of the question.

bump for me.

Want to go to bb and get something like an audigy 2 value. But, I don't want to get it if I don't need it,

Open up your Shuttle and make sure the connector that carries the wires for the front audio is connected proper. I accidentally partly unplugged mine and I was getting no audio when everything else worked, freaked me out. It's probably that. In mine it's a biggish grey cable bundle.

I'd bet that's your problem... I tried everything else as well, and everything came up fine in Windows... you probably just bumped the cable out, like I did.

Creative makes the cards that alot of people on these forums run. Now the 8 year old card isn't state of the art, but it works and doesn't sound bad.

Back