No room for Fury X Radiator? [Help!]

:confused:
I have been looking for room in my case (Cooler Master HAF-932) in case I decide to buy the Fury X and so far I can't see a good spot to place the GPU radiator.

The case is big as it is sadly I don't see a non ghetto alternative. Any thoughts?

Are you in the same situation? Also what are the Fury X radiator dimensions?

Thanks in advance...

IMG_20120409_180042.jpg

I'm familiar with that case, the top takes 120mm fans in replacement of the 230 you have installed. I'd remove the 230mm and put the CPU rad at the top, install the Fury X rad at the rear.

EDIT: forgot the rear is 140mm only... but if you don't mind drilling some holes with a template to fit a 120mm fan then it's doable, same on the top.

Last edited:
You could put the gfx rad on your bottom intake but it better have a good dust filter and you need to clean it regularly.

Personally I'd avoid the bottom intake as heat dissipation wouldn't be optimal I would think, but it never hurts to test.

I would recommend a case upgrade. For $80, which would roughly be half off!

This would be a great option for you and would work perfectly.

The deal breaker on that Corsair is having only two 3.5" bays unless you don't have more than two storage HDDs.

You could put the gfx rad on your bottom intake but it better have a good dust filter and you need to clean it regularly.

Better to have the heat exit the case, its not a low power card.
That same position could be used as outgoing.

I agree with the others who say to get a new case. If you're willing to drop $650+ on a GPU, spending $50-100 on a new case to ensure proper cooling shouldn't be hard to swallow.

I second that idea, on the bottom blowing out should be good.
According to the FX manual you shouldn't put the rad below the pump.
Rad needs to be mounted above the card itself.

But uhh, their rules are more like "guidelines".

I'm familiar with that case, the top takes 120mm fans in replacement of the 230 you have installed. I'd remove the 230mm and put the CPU rad at the top, install the Fury X rad at the rear.

EDIT: forgot the rear is 140mm only... but if you don't mind drilling some holes with a template to fit a 120mm fan then it's doable, same on the top.

Top has 120 mm holes and the rear has 140 mm and 120 mm holes.

That could be a good move but I would hate losing the 230 fan :( but it's doable thanks!

I went push - pull on my rad. I have 3 LED fans on top of the rad. below the top grill. I had to get longer screws from the hardware store but I like the look.

Top has 120 mm holes and the rear has 140 mm and 120 mm holes.

I think you're right about that (not near my main PC now) but I was going off these specs which only list 140mm rear:

http://www.coolermaster.com/case/full-tower/haf-932/

OP's rad looks kind of like it's 140mm to me, but I could be wrong. I'm using custom w/c in mine so not too well versed in CLC as the only one I have is in an H90 in an HTPC. If it's a 120mm then that makes things much easier on him.

According to the FX manual you shouldn't put the rad below the pump.
Rad needs to be mounted above the card itself.

But uhh, their rules are more like "guidelines".

An important point this.
As the coolant migrates/evaporates it will form a vacuum and air may be slowly drawn in.
If the highest point is the waterblock, any air will end up there, reducing cooling capacity much more than if it is in the radiator.

Op, another case is the best option given this issue.

I think you're right about that (not near my main PC now) but I was going off these specs which only list 140mm rear:

http://www.coolermaster.com/case/full-tower/haf-932/

OP's rad looks kind of like it's 140mm to me, but I could be wrong. I'm using custom w/c in mine so not too well versed in CLC as the only one I have is in an H90 in an HTPC. If it's a 120mm then that makes things much easier on him.

The fan on his radiator looks smaller than my rear exhaust fan. Its 140 mm but looking at the back, there are holes for a 120 mm. I can see more of the rear grill in the OP's pic than I can see looking into the rear of my HAF.

Ditto the comments about putting on the bottom vent.

You can remove the existing input vent, or put the radiator on top of it.

Another possibility to suspend the radiator from the big top-exhaust fan by some mini-bungie cords.

Ought to be plenty of room for it where the missing HDMI 2.0 connector should be. :D

Another possibility to suspend the radiator from the big top-exhaust fan by some mini-bungie cords.

LOL i would take that big ass fan out before i did that....these plenty of room for the cpu rad at that point

And btw you don't need a new case...convexion gave you solid advise on the second post

Just put it up top. Get an extra 120mm fan to put up there next to it if you are worried about loosing the airflow from the bigger fan.

There's heaps of room in that case.
0611d4ded39d52010459b14ff3714757_1361408414.jpg

Last edited:
Or buy an H100 or H110 and mound the rad on top. That's around $100 and you get a cooler CPU to boot.

Anything wrong with going ghetto and just letting it sit on top of the power supply?

Couldn't you mount it in the front of the case where the 5.25" drive bays are?

Back