No reception for channel in WMC. But direct to TV is fine. OTA HD Antenna

THUMPer

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm using WMC on win 7x64 (I know I know).

Last year I could get channel 29.2 in WMC it would come in just fine. Something changed and the only time I can get that channel is when I use the antenna directly to the TV and not through WMC. For the record I have two different TV's with two different Antennas. They both get the channel direct to TV.

I have tried to setup the signal again but to no avail. I am debating whether or not to just reformat thinking something with the tuner or WMC is fucked. Or uninstall/install the TV Tuner.

Hardware
Clearstream2V Antenna
ATI TV Wonder HD750

Typically, TV built-in tuners are more sensitive then USB sticks. I just found this out with my new Happague USB stick, which can't get NBC. My TV can get it with a little moving of the antenna.

Try putting the antenna closer to the window, and try again. There may just be more crap in-between you and the transmitter now (new buildings?), which put you just under the reception level.

Typically, TV built-in tuners are more sensitive then USB sticks. I just found this out with my new Happague USB stick, which can't get NBC. My TV can get it with a little moving of the antenna.

Try putting the antenna closer to the window, and try again. There may just be more crap in-between you and the transmitter now (new buildings?), which put you just under the reception level.

The antenna is in the attic about 30' up and the tuner isnt USB its PCI-E. Could be something in the way, but both tv's get the channel without being connected to the PC. The fiance is threatening buying cable. And I won't stand for it. haha

It sounds like a WMC issue and if so, a reinstall won't help. This is SiliconDust based, but it might get you headed in the right direction.

Well I reformatted anyway. Still having the issue. 4.2 is the main channel but it's like 480i. 29.2 is 1080i I think, so the image is better, but I don't get an image now.

Last year Microsoft changed its guide provider to Rovio. It could have something to do with that. Perhaps the new guide is "looking" in the wrong place.

As an example I can get 7.1, 7.2, & 7.3. However WMC shows a 7.4. If I click on 7.4 it says No Signal. If I didn't know any better I'd think something is wrong. But really what it says is on 7.4 is actually on 7.3. A 7.4 does not exist in my area.

The Rovio guide has issues. Just recently mine has lost guide data for a lot of the subchannels.

Back