No one bashing Comcast lately!??!

philb2

[H]ard|Gawd
Have they actually improved their service? I'm sure that "mediocre" has been aspirational for them.

For a long time, I had a problem with the email server for IMAP accounts. That has been corrected, only a year since I wrote to them to complain about it.

Depends on 3 things:

A) what you mean by "service" - if you are asking about their connection speeds and/or reliability, then that depends on where you live & how much you are willing to pay.... hint: upscale areas get faster speeds (at higher prices) than average suburban or rural ones do (at the same or slightly lower prices)....

B) If you are asking about their "customer service" (like your complaint), then there are plenty of reports of it being dog poo in most cases, and a very small number of "good" encounters....

C) The final thing is whether or not you are in an area where there is more than 1 choice of ISP....cause most of the good encounters and faster speeds happen more often in those places, and less often in places where they are the only provider, in which they will abuse & exploit their subscribers any & every way they can

Case in point: Where my mom lives, in an average suburban community, they are the only provider, and they charge $150/mo for 1GB up/200MB down internet ONLY package....but 40 miles across town, in an upscale, wealthy neighborhood, they charge $200 for 2GB up/1GB down internet, PLUS a huge cable TV package w/DVR, PLUS a VoIP phone line with UPS backup and unlimited voicemails....

You can consider this post as "bashing" if you want, I call it something else: the TRUTH.....they are scumbags on steroids !
:mad:

Last edited:
Depends on 3 things:

A) what you mean by "service" - if you are asking about their connection speeds and/or reliability, then that depends on where you live & how much you are willing to pay.... hint: upscale areas get faster speeds (at higher prices) than average suburban or rural ones do (at the same or slightly lower prices)....

B) If you are asking about their "customer service" (like your complaint), then there are plenty of reports of it being dog poo in most cases, and a very small number of "good" encounters....

C) The final thing is whether or not you are in an area where there is more than 1 choice of ISP....cause most of the good encounters and faster speeds happen more often in those places, and less often in places where they are the only provider, in which they will abuse & exploit their subscribers any & every way they can

Case in point: Where my mom lives, in an average suburban community, they are the only provider, and they charge $150/mo for 1GB up/200MB down internet ONLY package....but 40 miles across town, in an upscale, wealthy neighborhood, they charge $200 for 2GB up/1GB down internet, PLUS a huge cable TV package w/DVR, PLUS a VoIP phone line with UPS backup and unlimited voicemails....

You can consider this post as "bashing" if you want, I call it something else: the TRUTH.....they are scumbags on steroids !
:mad:
So why does anyone still use Comcast? I ask myself that sometimes. Friend just switched to AT&T fiber and really likes the service. He is smarter than me. He didn't have an email ID tied to his last ISP. Me, I'm stupid. Wife and I have comcast email IDs.

We do have a choice of ISPs here. Moderately upscale area here. But not too far away are much $$$ areas.

My Comcast service from a technical standpoint works great. Wish the upload was higher at home but 1200/200 more than get the job done. The symmetric gigabit fiber connections I have at work have been ridiculously reliable and when a excavator ripped one of them about a hundred feet out of the ground about a month ago Comcast had the circuit restored in about 2 hours.

My Comcast service from an actual customer service standpoint is complete and utter garbage. I do everything I can to avoid dealing with any human in any branch of any entity owned or operated by Comcast. From top to bottom they are the worst in the industry.

ATT is trenching fiber in my neighborhood right now. Will definitely at least give them a shot.

My Comcast service from an actual customer service standpoint is complete and utter garbage. I do everything I can to avoid dealing with any human in any branch of any entity owned or operated by Comcast. From top to bottom they are the worst in the industry.
Whenever I have to call Comcast, which is maybe 1x a year, I always ask to talk to Level 2 or better support. The Level 1 drones are useless.

Ever try dealing with the airlines?

I don't have access to this page. What is the overall message there?
you should upgrade your account.
1701142104094.png

I recently helped a friend get his new modem provisioned and found instructions on the web showing how to get a live person on the phone. They worked and even in spite of the garbled Indian accent, she was able to get it provisioned quickly and without undue chatter.

What pendragon said. I could have sworn you've posted in there before though?
I did for a while, but then I didn't pay for the subscription anymore.

I'm impressed that you remembered that I posted there. I usually think of myself as just an Average Joe who fades into the woodwork.. Was always the biggest wallflower at high school dances. A complete failure at singles bars. That's me.

Back