No flags for my P-3 dualy?

DR_K13

2[H]4U
I read on Stanfords web site that using -forceasm will make this fold slower. ( Dual 500mhz P-3, running to instances of F@H ) As it stands right now , It finishes a frame every 2 hours doing timeless units with no flags.
Question is, what flags do I use ( if any ) to make it fold faster.
OS is Linux running in init 3

Thanks for your advice

u_DR_K13

u_DR_K13

I would use -don'tfoldfasterthanNoXPert.
JK. I think that the general concensus was that -forceasm wasn't necessary, as FAH utilizes SSE etc. by default.

This is the flags list; I don't see anything that will help you. But then again, I know dick about Linux. Good luck, DR_K13!

Not certain of Pentium III SSE support, but I use -forceasm when I have the prog running as a service so that if a computer has a reboot (say for a power outage) it doesn't start running in safe mode....

Basically, if FAH has an abrupt stop, on the next boot-up, it will not running with SSE enhancements, which can really slow things down. When you have multiple boxes running you might not notice for a while. Forceasm with ignore the (safe) flag and can have significant advantages....

Tinkers dont use SSE boost so it should make no difference if you run with it on or not.
If you get any timeless Gromac's/ Ambers then it will make a difference.

So at the moment the only flag you really need on your duallie is the "-local" one.
You could try adding the "-forceasm" to one of your clients and see if it makes any different.

Luck......... :D
u=Tigerbiten.gif

Back