No crossfire option in CCC

PureBlackFire

Limp Gawd
I have put my 7870 hawk back in my pc (moved to a gtx780) and I'm trying to enable crossfire with my brother's 7850 twin frozr for the past 2 or 3 hours to no goddamn avail. I have researched this shit issue and have tried EVERY single thing suggested. I ran my card in crossfire with another 7870 before, hell I even did it with these two very cards once before and it enabled right away with no issues. What am I to do? Back when crossfire worked I had a 2500k and an MSI Z68 motherboard.

3CcTQlc.png

My pc can't see the other card no matter what. I've done a manual uninstall and reinstall twice. Nothing helps. Both cards work fine by themselves.

Last edited:
I have a question and it might be silly. but.. is your second PCI Express port working at all?

yes, it works with just one card in it. i thought it might be dead or something, but I'm at a loss now. maybe dual gpu setup will work when I get a new motherboard.

Well darn.. the only other thing I can think of is maybe it is not getting enough power or some sort of BIOS setting. I hope you can get it figured out.

yea, I used the bridge that came with my card and unwrapped the bridge from the 7850. no change. I even plugged in the molex pci-e power connector on the motherboard. I was gonna return this board for another one anyway and now I have a reason not to wait anymore.

is 7870/7850 cf actually supported? they're both pitcairn cores but if amd isn't supporting it in driver, then you're sol.

edit: just checked the latest compatibility chart. it is supported. outside of a potential flaw in the current drivers you're using, a malfunctioning mobo is the only thing that makes sense. good luck op.

Last edited:
yea, I have come to the conclusion that pci-e slot 3 is broken. well, I wanted to swap this board anyway and it seems I will. thanks guys. so glad I didn't buy another 780 for SLI. that much money spent I would have put this motherboard in the street and ran over it with my truck lol.

Back