No audio on W7.

Koko56

[H]ard|Gawd
The audio does not work - it says Headphones are plugged in all the time, regardless whether they are plugged, whether speakers are plugged or nothing at all.

Drivers are up to date. I took the OS HD to a different PC while mine was sitting without a GPU - and I used headphones while on the different computer. I've got a PCI-e VC now, thanks to my dad's friend, hence me being able to turn the computer on.

Stays like this regardless of what is plugged in:

SS.jpg

SS2.jpg

Anything? :(

Speakers plugged into the wrong jack? Or maybe your front panel jacks cable is plugged into your motherboard incorrectly? Also check the settings in the control panel app for your sound card.

Speakers plugged into the wrong jack? Or maybe your front panel jacks cable is plugged into your motherboard incorrectly? Also check the settings in the control panel app for your sound card.

Tehre is no sound card... :p

All is plugged in in the irght places. I just plugged in the front panel outputs to the MB - and the audio comes frm there. Be it speakers or headphones... and the icon never changes - even when I unplug evrything. If I keep playing a song for example, there is still indication in the volume icon that it's being palyed - the green bar still moves, as well as the headphone icon being present.

I don't wanna use the front panel output as it crackles, hence it not being plugged in in the first place.

It may not be a physical card if its on-board but there will still be an app for setting up the speakers. That is if you installed the driver package for that motherboard. My Realtek HD audio Manager lets me select from stereo, quadraphonic and 5.1. The same app detects whether i have headphones connected to the front panel jacks. If it does it will disable my speaker outputs. It also lets me test each speaker.

It may not be a physical card if its on-board but there will still be an app for setting up the speakers. That is if you installed the driver package for that motherboard. My Realtek HD audio Manager lets me select from stereo, quadraphonic and 5.1. The same app detects whether i have headphones connected to the front panel jacks. If it does it will disable my speaker outputs. It also lets me test each speaker.

Before I had nothing installed - just the driver with W7.

I will try to install this program. Also - I plugged the front panel to AC97 instead of HD Audio and now the front panel does not work.

For my motherboard you have to set the front panel audio connection in the bios to AC97 or HD Audio depending on which plug you plug into the header. It doesn't auto detect which one is connected.

For my motherboard you have to set the front panel audio connection in the bios to AC97 or HD Audio depending on which plug you plug into the header. It doesn't auto detect which one is connected.

Same. I've set each on accordingly, but AC97 does not work...

I might have to re-install W7. The "worst" scenario would be that I would have to spend about £40 for a sound card.

BUMP/UPDATE

Just reinstalled W7 and the same thing is going on... Hmmm. I might have to try XP or something... if I can that is.

Also where the hell is the spellchecker in FF on W7? ::(

Speakers plugged into the front or back? I would recommend the rear jacks. Power pack for the speakers plugged in? Volume control on the speakers turned up? have you tried these speakers on another PC or mp3 player or something to be sure they work? Drivers and speaker setup application installed? What does your speaker setup program show? Anything showing up in device manager with a yellow ! or ?. Onboard sound is enabled in the BIOS? I know some of this is obvious I'm just trying to cover all the basics so it doesn't end up being something simple that was just missed.

Yeah - everything seems to be in check though...

I'm using the speakers right now for my iPod, so they work. :p

I've just installed some codec from the Realtek site and same old, same old. Srsly, wtf.

EDIT: C - indeed it is checked... I looked at it once before and it was checked, however - no spellchecker. The SC works in Chrome FWIW.

Untitled_14.png

If you get no sound at all its not a codex problem. You don't need a codex for the basic windows sounds. Did the onboard sound on that motherboard ever work? It could be defective. The onboard sound on my PC-Chips motherboard just stopped working for no apparent reason. Its not even detected by the driver install program. I ended up putting in a sound blaster live 5.1 card.

EDIT: C - indeed it is checked... I looked at it once before and it was checked, however - no spellchecker. The SC works in Chrome FWIW.

Untitled_14.png

Hi, Koko56,

When you are typing Right Click and see what the "Languages" sub-menu shows. If there is no dictionary Click "Add Dictionaries..." Select the appropriate dictionary and see if that solves your problem.

Hope this helps.

Chuklr

go to realtek and download the latest driver..

windows update sometimes installs the ms driver which sucks badly..

install reboot and walla it works.

i get this all the time with my win7 installs and reinstalls.. sigh..

AN said:
If you get no sound at all its not a codex problem. You don't need a codex for the basic windows sounds. Did the onboard sound on that motherboard ever work? It could be defective. The onboard sound on my PC-Chips motherboard just stopped working for no apparent reason. Its not even detected by the driver install program. I ended up putting in a sound blaster live 5.1 card.
Yeah - I was just trying this out at random more or less. The sound did work before - I had a 260GTX in a few weeks ago and all was fine. I will try a different OS/more drivers but if not a sound card it might have to be.
Hi, Koko56,

When you are typing Right Click and see what the "Languages" sub-menu shows. If there is no dictionary Click "Add Dictionaries..." Select the appropriate dictionary and see if that solves your problem.

Hope this helps.

Chuklr
You are a the leetness.

As soon as I saw "Languages" I was like ooooooh. Thanks very much! :D Though it is odd that there was nothing by default... I get it in all W7 installs. :/ Nothing of the sort happened in Vista or XP.
go to realtek and download the latest driver..

windows update sometimes installs the ms driver which sucks badly..

install reboot and walla it works.

i get this all the time with my win7 installs and reinstalls.. sigh..

I think I tried that, though I'm not 100% sure - might try again, if the problem remains, I will probably get a sound card.

You are a the leetness.

As soon as I saw "Languages" I was like ooooooh. Thanks very much! :D Though it is odd that there was nothing by default... I get it in all W7 installs. :/ Nothing of the sort happened in Vista or XP.

Hi, Koko56,

Glad I could help!

Chuklr

UPDATE: Just installed XP and sound work there... I installed the supplied audio drivers - from the mobo CD. However I never needed to install any drivers for W7 apart from the wireless NIC card and update the video drivers.

Back