No active monitor issue when receiver/monitor is off?

I'm using a 1080 GTX GPU, which is connected via HDMI to a receiver, which is connected to my TV.

I'm having two issues which I believe are related to the same thing:

A) TeamViewer shows white windows when I'm remotely logged into the computer - specifically Chrome and BitTorrent Sync. From reading, it's because there's no active monitor, and the workaround for Chrome is to disable hardware acceleration.

B) Steam Streaming will not have audio until I restart the streamed game after turning my receiver and TV back on. This happens because when the monitor/receiver are off, my HDMI audio out (to the receiver) disappears from my sound interfaces on my taskbar.

It seems all of this is because when my receiver and TV are off, my GPU (or Windows 10) can't see a monitor and therefore loses it's hardware acceleration and it's audio. I don't remember if this started when I got the 1080 GTX or the receiver, but can anyone think of what settings on either would stop this from occuring??

The only other thing I can think of is a dummy HDMI plug, but that's going to create a second 'display' in Windows, which I don't want to deal with.

Back