No AA in Borderlands with my 4870X2?

Killdozer

[H]ard|Gawd
Is this just an AMD problem or is it a universal problem for the PC version?

Looks like it's the same for Nv cards, a UE3 engine thing. Enable it in the game config files somewhere manually (smells like bad console port, to be honest) to get it working.

Yep AA doesn't really work for anyone. I've heard nVidia users have been able to get it working through nHancer, but forcing it in CCC doesn't do anything for me.

dang this game has graphics that look like esurance's add now this it sure is a deal breaker.

If you're using a 5800 card, you can use SSAA. Don't know how much of a performance hit 2x will take, but it should give a noticeably enhanced image. You might be able to rename the .exe to UT3.exe and trick CCC into applying AA. Not 100% sure it'll work, but that has been a work around for most UT3 engine based games.

About renaming the .exe.... my brother did it for his GTX260 and steam wouldn't let him run it. Does renaming a exe work for steam games or only non steam?

Part of Steam's copy protection is that you can't change the name of any .exe. That's one of the very few things I don't like about it.

Is this game worth it for single player or is it a must for multi/co-0p?

Part of Steam's copy protection is that you can't change the name of any .exe. That's one of the very few things I don't like about it.

Yea, it was pretty funny listening to him scream though. I walked over and he kept complaining about how steam ripped him off and says he hadn't purchased Borderlands. I asked him a few questions and he told me he did the tweaks I linked him (thx to [H]). The first thing that struck me was the .exe rename, which was indeed the culprit.

Is this game worth it for single player or is it a must for multi/co-0p?

It's like Diablo. Pretty good singleplayer, but a whole nother level of fun in multiplayer.

edit: that said, play with friends only, as randoms tend to be lootwhores and terrible.

It's like Diablo. Pretty good singleplayer, but a whole nother level of fun in multiplayer.

edit: that said, play with friends only, as randoms tend to be lootwhores and terrible.

Is there a static server like bnet?

Back