NIS 2012 is out for those interested.

gman

[H]ard|Gawd
I love NIS. Been using again since they retooled it. I know there are Norton haters out there and that's fine. I used it when it first came out until it because bloated and hogged your system. Now it's a great piece of software. Yes, I teach programming so I can say that if I wish.

Yes, excellent piece of software indeed... While you're at it, you might also want to install the newest RealPlayer and Bonzi Buddy.. :rolleyes:

I totally agree that the newer versions of Norton are much better than the older versions. It is still not superior to free products though so why pay for something if your not getting something better in return?

NIS and N360 are shit. NAV is the only decent software in that lineup.

For fuck's sake. For every piece of software Symantec makes, there are many free or open source alternatives that are much, much better. Other than the brand name, Symantec is insignificant crap.

haters gonna hate.

You people have failed realize that NIS is one of the highest rated suites. It uses less resources and gives better security than nearly every thing out there. Show me a better piece of software that uses less resources and I'll shut up.

Bad reputations are so hard to overcome. Norton still has the stigma of its crap products from way back, even though ever since 2010 their software has been excellent - low footprint, great detection and features.

Although its still hard to recommend it since the free solutions like MSE, Avast are so great.

I've used NIS since 2009 and never once had anything sneak past it.

And no, I don't stay on the cleaner side of the net either a lot of the time.

Flip side though, NOTHING is perfect and foolproof, I dont care what anyone claims. Pick one, get to know how to set it up and stick with it is the best you can do. Eventually everyone is gonna get bitten by something, no matter what AV you run.

Thanks, that really didn't go well for Norton. Were do people get the 0-day malware links?
Well here is one but I don't know where to go to download a large sample. I stumbled upon another one the other day but forget the link.

Back