Nice deal on a huge HDTV - Apex 65" WS for $1329

olsonnet

n00b
Amazon has the Apex GB65HD09W 65" Projection Widescreen HDTV for only $1329.88. Shipping is $119 and includes delivery, unpacking and removal of packaging materials:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006FXGP/ref=nosim/101081219795-20/103-5981749-0463065

The reviews seem to be pretty positive which surprised me. About the largest HDTV you can get for this price. I can't find this model cheaper anywhere - cheapest price elsewhere is a couple hundred more.

Anyone have it by chance and can offer a brief review?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've bought a total of 3 dvd players and a CRT tv from Apex, it's all good stuff.

That is a damn good deal on a TV that size.

Heh... "You save $870.11"

I googled for a few reviews, the only negative one was from someone who didn't know what widescreen was.

I tried to buy my girlfriend a 20" APEX TV, and we went through 3 of them. The first set had a crooked picture and a line going through the top, so i returned it, the second one had a cracked shroud in the front, and the third one, the whole front piece of plastic was falling off. Either the truck was in an accident on the way to Circuit City, the employees at CC played TV soccer, or APEX tv's just aren't very durable, but after going through 3 of them, CC ended up giving me a Philips TV that was twice as much for the same price as the APEX one. The Philips TV she has now has awesome quality.

I just thought i'd share my story, you can take it how you want, Apex's fault or CC's fault, i really dont know for sure, but i can tell you i try to stay away from both after that experience.

Yeah, while the 65" may have pretty good reviews, I remember reading the reviews of the 50"?or so 4:3 HDTV, and they were pretty much along the lines of 'buy it from a B&M because Apexs quality control isn't that great.'

Again, just a word of warning, but yeah they are awesome prices and assuming the one you get isn't fux0red in some way it's a hell of a deal.

I like some of the customer reviews..

Like the one feeb that complained that the black bars watching movies was now on the side!

LOL!

I picked up a flat glass 24" Apex tv from Best Buy when they were on sale for $150 with a $25 MIR. Been a great tv to me, haven't had a single problem with it.

Originally posted by SB22
I tried to buy my girlfriend a 20" APEX TV, and we went through 3 of them. The first set had a crooked picture and a line going through the top, so i returned it, the second one had a cracked shroud in the front, and the third one, the whole front piece of plastic was falling off. Either the truck was in an accident on the way to Circuit City, the employees at CC played TV soccer, or APEX tv's just aren't very durable, but after going through 3 of them, CC ended up giving me a Philips TV that was twice as much for the same price as the APEX one. The Philips TV she has now has awesome quality.

I just thought i'd share my story, you can take it how you want, Apex's fault or CC's fault, i really dont know for sure, but i can tell you i try to stay away from both after that experience.

Yup I went through 2 of their 27" TVs before I decided not to be cheap and just ordered a Sony Wega.

Apex DVD players are decent at $35 and they play anything you throw at them.

Originally posted by SB22

accualy a store giveing me a tv 2x as expensive for the same price would most likly get me as a return customer. Now that would turn me away from a brand for a year or so at least.

I have heard bad things about Apex TV's too - a guy at my local Wal-Mart that sold a bunch of the 27 inch TV last december said they had 7 returned, some had picture tube problems and others just died after a couple of weeks.

My parents have one of those 40 dollar Apex DVD players, its pretty nice but it wont play any DVD+R's I have made on my PC (DVD-R's work fine) and my mom doesnt like the remote because because it has something like 30 tiny buttons :)

Apex also makes the "KLH Digital" brand. I'd stay away from any Chinese made TV's like Symphonic, Emerson and Orion

Back