nForce4 Temperatures...

//[T.0.P]//

Limp Gawd
I have the Asus A8N32-Sli Deluxe mobo with nForce4 SLI X16 chipset. The chipsets on the system board have always ran hotter than I would like them to be. Before I removed the stock thermal grease for the chipsets, the system board would idle around 45c and load around 52c. Now, after I removed the thermal grease and replaced it with AS5, It's now idling around 57c and loads at 60c.

My system used to crash when the chipset and the cpu would both go over somewhere in the low 50's. But since I've reapplied AS5 to the cpu, it's running much cooler now, and even though my mb temps are at 57c ideling, it's running quite stable, no crashes yet after running for 6 hours.

I've heard Nvidia chipsets run hot stock, but I was wondering if perhaps 57c/60c is too high for this particular board? Everything else in the board seems to be cooling quite nicely!

hell my nf4 chipset ran hotter then that.. should be perfectly fine..

my NF3 chip runs 50 idle 60C full load.. my nf4 chipset runs 60 idle 70 load..

if my room wasnt so cold they probably would run much higher.. but with those old chips its not a big deal.. the nf3 chip is a 130nm and the nf4 is a 90nm chip..

Back