nForce 570 SLI vs nForce 590 SLI

enelson125

Limp Gawd
I'm planning to upgrade to AM2 and I can't make a decision on a motherboard. Currently I'm considering the following:

nForce 590 SLI Based:
Abit Fatal1ty AN9
Foxconn C51XEM2AA- 8EKRS2H
Gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5

nForce 570 SLI Based:
ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe
MSI K9N SLI Platinum

Am I going to notice a huge difference getting a board with the 590 chipset over the 570? Right now I just have a 6800GT pci-express, but I plan to try and get a G80 for Christmas. Chances are it'll be a while before I take advantage of the SLI capability. I can't say I'm going to be doing heavy overclocking, I'm going to be using my system to game primarly. Also are there any other boards I should consider? I don't really want to get the M2N32-SLI as I don't need all the extras it offers and I don't want to pay the extra price for these extras.

Oh and I bought this RAM already for use in the system OCZ Platinum 2GB DDR2-800

EDIT: Added the Gigabyte board as another alternative.

In SLI, the 590 is supposed to get quite a bit higher benchies, but I am unsure. Lots of AM2 590 vs 570 benches show some conflicting results due to 590 driver enhancements being needed.

But, with that memory, I know for a fact it works well with the MSI K9N Platinum 570 chipset at dual channel 800 speeds. On that mobo, when you run SLI, one is in 16x mode, and the other in 8x just incase you were wondering.

Back