NF7-S No subwoofer sound?

Zari

n00b
So I recently upgraded from a KX7-333r (Great board, still running in a secondary machine) to a NF7-S. Amazing peice of equip, with one tiny drawback that i didnt even discover till the last few days ( ~3mo after purchase) - It doesnt want to output any subwoofer channel - I'm using some admitadly el-cheapo 4,1 speakers from Altec Lansing, their budget model froma couple years ago. I almost never can have my sub above tiny bit, which is why i didn't notice it untill now.

On a fresh reformat, fresh driver install, Listening Mode set to 4 speaker, Test tone sends fine to both left and right front, and left/right back, no sub or center. When its set to 6 speaker, l/r front and back play fine, obviously i have no center speaker, and SoundStorm controll apnel shows sound sent to sub (Cant be heard). Now, booting up WinAmp 5, UT2k4 demo, Planetside, Windows Media Player, Everquest... All play fine through l/r front and back, but SoundStorm CP shows nothing going to Sub in either 4speaker or 6speaker modes.

Any help? Tried reinstalling drivers, tried NVSwap.

How are you connecting your speakers to the motherboard? Is it two mini-stereo jacks or three? If its only two, then that's your problem right there - your 4.1 system doesn't have speakers dedicated for the center and LFE channels.

Your speakers probably have a built-in crossover that redirects the low frequencies to the sub; this means you can't adjust them in software. Time to upgrade to a 5.1 system!! :)

Yep, 2 plugs is what I have. Oy, I dont have the cash for a 5.1 setup :eek:
Thank you for the news anyways :p

Originally posted by ItsSoLARGE
Did you check create LFE channel in the soundstorm settings?

Doesn't that just redirect the low frequencies to the [unused] subwoofer channel if the content you're listening to doesn't already have a separate track for it? You'd probably end up losing some of your low frequencies if you checked that and didn't have anything plugged into the center/sub jack.

Back