NF7-S 2.0 USB issues

ST|FFY

[H]ard|Gawd
I just put in an NF7-S in and when I plug any type of USB device, windows does not automatically install it and when I install the software that came with the USB device it still will not work

does anybody have any tips for me??? anything would be appreciated, thx

btw: im not the most Software savy computer user out there so if its a windows thing that i didnt catch...its not my fault! :D

I have that same mobo - and it also had problems with USB devices, especially my force-feedback gamepad. I had to plug the gamepad into a USB port, then unplug it, then plug it back in again. And when I installed the software for the controller, Windows XP will hang on logging off when the software installation program tells me to restart Windows. Worst of all, the force-feedback features took way longer to act than they should have. Either my game controller didn't like the nForce USB controller, or the Abit mobo used cheap, low-quality electronics for its USB hub. Moreover, all of my previous AMD-based rigs lagged in one area or another, even compared to my old 700MHz Intel PIII rig.

do both of you have service pack 1 or 2 installed ( i assume it is windows XP)

you need service pack 1 for usb 2.0 to work properly, if you are unsure if you have either service pack right click my computer and go to properties and it will say windows xp, and under that will say what service pack you have.

hope this might help

also, keep in mind if you are using a fckgw-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx cd key you CANNOT upgrade to a new service pack..

yea id be interested to kno how this turns out for you, i think im gonna by one of these. by the way, how is the onboard sound?

well, the solution was rather odd because i have never needed to do this but i went into device manager and saw a bunch of question mark icons for my usb devices. i clicked on the USB thingy and there was an option to install the driver. I clicked that and all worked...odd b/c i have NEVER EVER needed to do that b4..oh well

btw: i did have sp1 installed

Back