Newegg shipping charges

Skud

Gawd
Has anyone else bought patch cables from Newegg lately?

I had a bunch of different Cat 6 patch cables in my cart (Around 30 in total of various colors and less than 14ft lengths) as well as some computer equipment. When I went to checkout I noticed shipping was over $90 and the total order was under $300! I have never seen shipping prices that high from The Egg before so I started to play around with my cart. With all the cables removed shipping was just over $20. Better, but got me wondering why cable shipping is so expensive.

Eventually, I found that it seems Newegg charges $3.99 shipping on each cable. Over ~5 cables and you get a slight price break, but only on the same type of cable. If I order two different types of cables the shipping schedule applies to both separately.

Seems to be quite high to me.. I was thinking about ordering a hundred 1ft patch cables to clean up a wiring closet, but shipping is over $100.

Riley

I bet if you call them up and explain then they'd help you out. that seems a bit ridiculous

For just cables, I've found smaller, specialized outfits like Monoprice to be a lot cheaper since they actually weigh your order to decide how much to charge you for shipping.

Egg does not do discount on shipping for multiple products unfortunately so yeah monoprice is the way to go. Frankly its the way to go for a single cable too

Bringing the thread back from the dead, I know, but this one helped me out today so I thought it deserved a bump. I just ordered a bunch of OEM drives, then dug out my cable box to find I only had one sata cable left. Prices locally are too high, and NewEgg wanted to kill me with shipping. I just ordered 10 of them from Monoprice, shipped 2 day, for $20. Can't beat that.

anybody else think provantage is better than newegg on single items? another bump for mono

Bringing the thread back from the dead, I know, but this one helped me out today so I thought it deserved a bump. I just ordered a bunch of OEM drives, then dug out my cable box to find I only had one sata cable left. Prices locally are too high, and NewEgg wanted to kill me with shipping. I just ordered 10 of them from Monoprice, shipped 2 day, for $20. Can't beat that.

BYTECC 18" Serial ATA-150/300 Cable w/Locking Latch Model SATA-118C - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812270093

10x $1.79 = $17.90 + tax, free shipping. If you're in CA, thats $19.37 shipped.

Granted, thats your choices are limited from the egg, while Monoprice offers you a shitload more choices, lol. I just wanted to show you that you can get 10 SATA cables from the egg for a decent price. However, again, I stick with Monoprice, lol.

Another trick with NewEgg is to filter on just the "free shipping". Saved me from paying $10 shipping for a $22 Sata DVD burner :)

Back