Newegg selling Lian Li again

Yes I'm new to the whole computer hardware hobby and all but those cases don't look all that special? I may be wrong. Is the quality of them that great and also on the last silver one is says under special features it has fan control but when I look in the pics I can't find that?

Lian Li and Coolermaster make the best cases around. The fan control is behind the front bezel, but it's real easy to get to. You won't find a case made any better than a Lian Li.

Behind the bezel? I'm sorry for my newbish talk but waht is that? Is that one of those little door things? And do you know if the fan control is nobs with some sort of lcd display? I might be interested.

I figure since there is a Lian-Li thread already started, might as well add to it :) . How is the PC-65b for watercooling? Is it spacious enough?

Lian-Li fan controls are normally a 3 setting switch hidden beneath the front bezel near the power button area.

And you can do a water cooling setup on a PC-65. You will probably end up removing the hard drive rack at the bottom leaving you with 4 external 5.25" and 3 external 3.5" and zero internal bays. Which is enough for most systems. Personally the easy to get to 5 drive rack at the bottom is one of my favorite features, but the others aren't hard to get to either I guess.

Honestly, I've never been a fan of the sheer appearance of Lian-Li cases. I've never personally owned one either, so I can't vouch for the usability and interior design, but the exterior design is just horrid, in my opinion.

I much prefer my Antec knockoff of a Chieftec Dragon with a plexiglass side window. I love the detachable hard drive racks and the drive bay bracketing is just a beautiful thing.

Here is my case, the blue LED Antec power supply not visible.

Dark Assassin

After having owned an Antec, Cheiftech, a couple of cheap generic cases, 3 Lian Li's and now a Coolermaster I really would have to say (for the most part) that you get what you pay for.

I loved all 3 of my Lian Li cases, well built and designed, good looks, and very mod friendly. Now getting this coolermaster case I'm very impressed, the build quality and design is excellent.

Don't get me wrong I loved my Antec, those Cheiftec Dragon cases and knockoff's of them are well designed, but the Lian Li and Coolermaster cases are a step above IMO.

Anyhow glad to see Newegg is carrying them again, Could see owning a PC70 or one of their new fileserver type cases for a water cooling project I'm currently planning, hopefully they will expand their selection.

-Matt :cool:

I dont know....something about the LianLi's makes me feel like I'm putting my computer in a box made from Aluminum foil.

I've seen a few of them at some shows, and to me they really didnt seem that special. Sure they might have a nifty 3-switch fan controller or whatever, but thats somethin I could make from parts for less than a few dollars.

For being so expensive, I wonder how much the materials on these cost in comparison to a steel Antec case or something.

Are you paying for the name? Or the material....

It would be interesting to find out.

Lian Li hands down is the best case I have ever purchased owned or seen. If you mod, they are like a canvas for you waiting to be painted or if you just want sheer quailty, then this is the way to go. They are very well built and have lost of friggin room and easy to hide wires and what not. ALso not, this isnt thin alum, its pretty thick yet it, still weighs like a feather.

yeah, Lian Li's are kick ass to mod.

But the one thing that was the real kicker for me as what Prim3 mentioned, the thickness of the aluminum.

There's a ton of aluminum cases out there, but most of them use extremely thin, low quality aluminum. LL's use a thicker, much higher quality metal in them.

I never liked "Cold Fusion" much based on the PC-68 , I just missed all my space I had in my Antec 1030 case, so I sold it and went back to Antec. Never looked back since.

front3.jpg

newfront.jpg

Originally posted by Icewindius
http://www.cp4g.com/bryce/newfront.jpg

wow, I like that side panel. Is that painted/airbrushed or what? Do you have any pics of that panel itself?

Back