Newegg or BB: Buying SD450

jayrock

n00b
Im buying an SD450 but I havnt decided whom shall inherit my cash. I can get the Camera and 1gb Card w/4yr service plan from BB for roughly 400 bux. I can get the Camera, 1gb Card, Extra Battery, 2 year plan from Newegg for roughly 400 bux. So I propose the question do I BB or Newegg?

My only concern about Newegg is the service plan, Im not sure if they are worth it or if they are easy to access like BB is where I just take the camera in and they fix it and call me later.

Do you the think the Service Plan is even needed? For me, if the Service plan was irrelevant then id certainly give my money to Newegg.

Thanks for the advice

If it were me, I would get it locally and not bother with the service plan.

Yeah, the service plan isn't really necessary, but then again, the LCD on the SD series of cameras is exposed.

I've heard many a tale of someone sticking the camera in their pocket and the LCD getting smashed by car keys, or being sat upon.

Personally, I'd skip the plan and just buy one of those hard LCD shields to protect it.

I would prob buy local without service plan...

Hello jayrock,

Thanks for considering us for your next Digital Camera purchase. First, we would like to just say that we are not offering a recommendation on where to make your purchase. As we are simply customer service we are not in the position to make any sales recommendations. We would simply like to provide some information on the service plan that is offered on our website for the SD450.

Service Net provides our extended warranty. If you were to select to purchase the extended warranty it will only take effect after the manufacturers warranty has expired. The SD450 comes standard with a 1 year limited warranty through Canon. For the first year from the original purchase date Canon would provide service for any defects. If an extended warranty were purchased then Service Net would provide any warranty service after that. To illustrate, 1-year manufacturers warranty and add a 2-year Service Net plan you will be covered for 3 years.

Service Net mails all warranty information to the customer, 2-3 weeks after the purchase date.

Please sure to PM me with any further questions or concerns.

I say it depends do you want instant gratification? If the answer is yes then go BB w/o the service plan. If your answer is no and, Newegg has a better price then go with them and, again w/o the service plan. I have a bad taste still from the first one I made the mistake of getting. No offence to you Support.

I would get it wherever it's cheaper taking into account that newegg will charge you a fee (15%?) if you change your mind a week later or chose to return it for any reason. About the warranty, I wouldn't buy an extended warranty but instead use a credit card that matches your manufacturer's warranty, so you would have 1 year with canon and another year with visa/master card/american express. There are many cards, (I use a master card from chase, no annual fee, etc) that will offer you an extended warranty service for free just for buying the camera with the card. good luck...

edit:
found this: for $299.00 - $50 off coupon PA440 = $249.00 + free Digital Camera Pouch + Free Shipping
at crutchfield I suggest you check their return policy, etc 'cus I have no experience with them althought I know they have been around for some time.

Dell.com also has a 15% off of 299 for this camera (I just ordered mine on Friday) plus you can buy a $35 off $300 coupon on ebay for $2. You have to add something to get it over $300, so I bought a little camera case for $15. Total came to right around $250. You can add service plans if you want. I would newegg the battery and memory.

Back