Newegg - Inwin D-Frame Mini $259.99 Shipped

batmanwcm

Gawd
Snagged from slickdeals, credit goes to bigbig22. It didn't get much interest there but I thought the [H] crowd would like this. It's definitely not to everyone's taste but I love it. I just bought one to replace my Compact Splash.

Red Model

Black Model

Use code IW2014TAKEME during check out.

Definitely form over function. No sound insulation, no positive pressure ventilation design to avoid dust, no dust filter, no flow path for optimal cooling, not that space efficient, and pretty expensive.

It looks like it'd be an extremely strong chassis, but I don't stand on my computer cases. *shrugs*

It's def a nice chassis for those who are frequently on the go to LAN events, just too expensive for what it is imo. Unfortunately LAN events never really got popular in my area but for someone who goes to a few of these a year it might be worth it.

Nvidia did a write-up on their LAN/trade show builds using this chassis:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/how-to-build-a-better-more-beautiful-lan-box

I am sure there will be cheaper imitators from the big names like Cooler Master and Corsair in a few months for a good bit cheaper.

It's def a nice chassis for those who are frequently on the go to LAN events, just too expensive for what it is imo. Unfortunately LAN events never really got popular in my area but for someone who goes to a few of these a year it might be worth it.

Nvidia did a write-up on their LAN/trade show builds using this chassis:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/how-to-build-a-better-more-beautiful-lan-box

I am sure there will be cheaper imitators from the big names like Cooler Master and Corsair in a few months for a good bit cheaper.

Nice. I wished I knew where they got the green rubber grommets. It makes the case look sleeker.

@batmanwcm Have any pics for your rig in the d-frame? I'm thinking of that case, as I've dismantled my Splash.

Nice. I wished I knew where they got the green rubber grommets. It makes the case look sleeker.

Uno S. • a month ago
What did you guys use to re-colour the rubber feets? As I am definite that normal acrylic paint or spray won't work
• Reply•Share ›
Romeo Lavarias Admin Uno S. • a month ago
They are custom ordered parts from In Win

While I like these for display cases, as an everyday case? NAHHHHHHH! Pass!

Basically for a lot of the reasons cited here.

No sound insulation.
Positive pressure ventilation is a no-go.
No air flow pathing

And the price. For a bare and spare tube frame? A MINI-ITX sized frame?
$260?

Yeah....no thanks!

Snagged from slickdeals, credit goes to bigbig22. It didn't get much interest there but I thought the [H] crowd would like this. It's definitely not to everyone's taste but I love it. I just bought one to replace my Compact Splash.

Red Model

Black Model

Use code IW2014TAKEME during check out.

Does it come with a wheel and handle kit :)

Definitely form over function. No sound insulation, no positive pressure ventilation design to avoid dust, no dust filter, no flow path for optimal cooling, not that space efficient, and pretty expensive.

It looks like it'd be an extremely strong chassis, but I don't stand on my computer cases. *shrugs*

...but it looks like a trellis frame, you should want it :D

This thing's a huge waste of money imo. I mean its price is the same as what? Full towers? You can get competent cases of all types in between 50-100$. Ones that look good and function well.

Plus frankly to me the thing looks tacky as hell (especially that red one). But then again I'm a firm believer in stolid, nondescript, functional cases.

If you wanted to stand on your case, you wouldn't go very far with this anyway. From what I see the majority of the support is all in those tubes, so if you stood on the side it's probably gonna end really bad. If you stood on top, your feet might fall inwards.

...</pointless discussion lol>

Last edited:
Back