Newegg doesn't carry BenQ dvd burners? what is recommended

nst6563

2[H]4U
I know i can get a benQ from ZZF, but i'd rather order everything from one place b/c it's easier. So, Newegg doesn't have any BenQ DVD burners anylonger...so I'm wondering what's the next best thing?

An NEC?
this one

A Samsung? this drive actually.

thanks ;)

I think BenQ sold their optical division to lite-on and since then its been harder to get them. Supposedly the best way to get a benq is through a rebrand.

As for best dvd writer, i think it depends what you want it to do. I recommend reading up in the cdfreaks.com forums. I ended up choosing a lite-on drive with the 6s chipset.

damn,....I swore to myself I wouldn't buy anothe liteon. I've had 2 liteon drives in 2 years that have gone bad and one of them I actually RMA'd once. I don't even burn that many DVD's, maybe 2 or so a month? At that rate, I'd expect the drive to last a few years at least.

I know the NEC's are rated very well also, but I'll have to read up over there, thanks for the tip ;)

haha - that Samsung you linked to was the same one I linked to :p

I've got it narrowed down to the NEC and that Samsung. Both get really good reviews, and I'm kind of leaning toward the NEC b/c I know their track record a little better than Samsung (although, I'm also a fan of samsung..I have some hdd's, ram, and an LCD from them :p )

Seems that the NEC drives are the same as Optiarc? never heard of them before, but the drive I'm looking at got people excited over at cdfreaks...so maybe that's a clue :)

Back