NewEgg 4th of July sale

cageymaru

Fully [H]
http://www.newegg.com/July-4th-Sale/EventSaleStore/ID-178

Too much weird stuff that I have to make myself want. But maybe someone will find that one item that they need. :)

Use HoverHound to see what the Amazon pricing is for each item. I have noticed that many of them are cheaper on Amazon, and for those of us with Prime accounts, there is free shipping @Amazon.

Notable takeaway

MSI Z97-GD65 for $160 after promo code EMCPCPW26
Corsair AX860 for $160 after promo code EMCPCPW28 minus $20 MIR = $140
AMD FX-8350 for $170 after promo code EMCPCPW22

I only looked through the first page and pretty much none of them were deals. Most of the processors were marked up 30% then down 20%. I bought an FX8320 near launch time for $135, now its $149? meh.

Wow...they jacked up the price of the AMD A10-7850K processor to $189.99 so people use the $15 July 4th coupon code and its still more expensive than Amazon using the Hoverhound button...I hate that deceptive crap.

Wow...they jacked up the price of the AMD A10-7850K processor to $189.99 so people use the $15 July 4th coupon code and its still more expensive than Amazon using the Hoverhound button...I hate that deceptive crap.

Yes, that's the NewEgg way. I did think some of the refurbished stuff was priced right. But the few times that I have pointed out a NewEgg refurb to a buddy, the item was DOA when they received it. I'm quite sure that others on these boards had better luck than me.

The Hover Hound button is mandatory for this "sale".

they started accepting bitcoin so I'm not buying anything from them until they stop supporting terrorists and drug lords

they started accepting bitcoin so I'm not buying anything from them until they stop supporting terrorists and drug lords

You're joking, right?

I'm pretty sure the dollar is used for the same exact thing. Hell, 90% of their weapons were originally sold to them in exchange for dollars.

Yes, that's the NewEgg way. I did think some of the refurbished stuff was priced right. But the few times that I have pointed out a NewEgg refurb to a buddy, the item was DOA when they received it. I'm quite sure that others on these boards had better luck than me.

The Hover Hound button is mandatory for this "sale".

I think most vendors do that kind of thing. Common sense is mandatory for *ANY* "sale" as is comparison shopping.

You're joking, right?

I'm pretty sure the dollar is used for the same exact thing. Hell, 90% of their weapons were originally sold to them in exchange for dollars.

Joking about terrorists and shit but I'm boycotting them. Haven't bought from overstock either since they accepted bitcoin.

I don't like it as a currency and since bitcoiners constantly shill trying to pump and dump, I figure there ought to be a counter response.

Yeah, nothing screams "buy me, so cheapppppp" about this sale. Prices are about the same when not on-sale.

Normally stores hide prices when there is an issue with MSP; but I noticed microcenter hiding the price of a few items that were quite expensive relative to the competition.

Not surprised at non deals. I've seen 8350s at $170 off and on for the past 2 months.

Really the past several years Newegg has been doing this and there maybe one or two "good deals" in all the mess and you have to filter through it all to find them.

These days I buy less and less from them. Amazon is cheaper on most items. I guess those who don't price compare and buy into their hype will keep them in business.

the only thing good with newegg is that they dont charge sales tax

wtf? Why is newegg hiding the prices of certain items... and you have to login to see them?
PITA.
You can still get the price by adding it to your shopping cart. They can't hide what they're going to charge you. It's just now you have to go through the whole checkout process on NewEgg to see it, so it's still a PITA.

FYI, the discounted price is $50.00 on the Xbox ONE controller.

Last edited:
The nice thing about newegg is that they have a wearhouse near me so even with the "long" free shipping I get it the next day. I refuse to click on any Newegg links from this forum as it likes to block it.I just go to the site directly.. shame on Hardforums!

I didn't see it in the ad because the ad is huge, and I am mobile.
But, if anyone wants to add it somewhere, the 23 inch LG monitor can be had right now (until tomorrow) for less than the 22 inch. It's the 23MP55HQ for 149.99 and a 20 dollar promo code on the site.

I'm just looking for a 120mm blue case fan. Is there anything better/cheaper than this? All the ones on Tiger Direct that are FAR cost me more than Newegg's regular prices b/c TD charges shipping and tax, which NE usually doesn't on the former and never does on the latter (in TX).

Anybody got any input on the Rosewill Thor V2 case? It's $90 AR, and it looks like it's got great cooling. I need something better to cool this heatbox R9 290...

The thor is awesome, I used it until I got my primo. Great buy at 90

Why does every Newegg deal posted have to turn into a circlejerk about how nobody is going to ever buy anything from them again ever.

If you like it, buy it, if you find a better price, post it.

If you have anything else to say about their policies, procedures, and tactics, e-mail them and tell them. Bitching about it here does no good, and only serves to show you really truly don't give a shit either way, but you feel like joining the hive mind

Why does every Newegg deal posted have to turn into a circlejerk about how nobody is going to ever buy anything from them again ever.

If you have anything else to say about their policies, procedures, and tactics, e-mail them and tell them. Bitching about it here does no good, and only serves to show you really truly don't give a shit either way, but you feel like joining the hive mind

Well said

I only looked through the first page and pretty much none of them were deals. Most of the processors were marked up 30% then down 20%. I bought an FX8320 near launch time for $135, now its $149? meh.

Almost every retail store is doing this nowadays. The word "sale" is basically a price hike nowadays. Recently, I got a 50 dollars of 100 from bonton but ofcourse they jack up the price by 50 bucks on almost everything. Macy's/Bloomingdale does the same thing. The only true "sale" is Black Friday nowadays.

Do you really believe your OPINION is of value ? Why did you waste your time typing this? Did it give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside? :p

Do you really believe your OPINION is of value ? Why did you waste your time typing this? Did it give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside? :p

Talk about hypocrisy. You're doing the same thing ;)!

Quoted for emphasis.

anyone have anything to say about refurbished power supplies? i'm in need of one and newegg's got an evga supernova 750W for $90 - $20 rebate.

eh, actually nevermind. after seeing what tpu and the jonnyguru community had to say about it i think i'll wait a little while longer.

Last edited:

Word. If the price is good and the product is something I want/need, I'll get it. If not, no sale. I frequently find that Amazon has better prices, but not always. hell, sometimes Best Buy has the best price and I buy from them....and I HATE shopping at Best Buy.

Newegg is anti hardforum that's why there's a browser extension for buying stuff elsewhere

U buy commodities on price. If the price is equal, I'm going to Amazon, but if it's not, I'm going elsewhere. I understand the [H] position, but that doesn't mean I need to bash Newegg every time there's a post about it. I go to Egg less now, because they're generally not cheaper and I like Amazon's CS better, but if Egg can beat them, then I'll go with Egg.

U buy commodities on price. If the price is equal, I'm going to Amazon, but if it's not, I'm going elsewhere. I understand the [H] position, but that doesn't mean I need to bash Newegg every time there's a post about it. I go to Egg less now, because they're generally not cheaper and I like Amazon's CS better, but if Egg can beat them, then I'll go with Egg.

Money is money. Whoever sells cheaper, gets my $$$

Back