Newbee with P9 X79 Bios and boot issues HELP!

raglafart

Limp Gawd
Hi
I'm getting really slow boot time of 3min plus on my P9 X79 PRO & my mouse doesn't work properly in BIOS. It freezes then works again

Not sure what I've done but I'm getting real problems booting my machine.
I'd been playing with RealBench and also using the AI suite to do some very basic overclocking.

My machine is as follows.
P9 X79 pro; i7 3960X; 64 gig G Skill f3-17000cl11q2-64gbzld; Asus GTX780; Win 7 Pro; M2 1000w pwr sply;

Every thing was fine until a couple of days ago. I'd been chasing a problem with a slow shut down that turned out to be from the 30 gig RAM disc I'd had set up. I removed that and all those problems were fixed with the shut down.

I've updated the bios twice now to the current version 4502 today. Just a couple of days ago to the 4404 and I'd been previously running 4302

On booting, it takes an age to move from the basic opening page where you can use F2 to enter the bios. If you let the boot continue, Win 7 pro initial page with the spinning logo also takes ages to load and it freezes while loading.
Once booted into the operating system the machine runs fine.

The other problem is now I'm having problems with the mouse working properly in the bios which makes checking any settings a real pain. The mouse works for a second or two then freezes for like 8 - 12 seconds then works again. If you miss using the 2 second spell of it working you have to wait for the same 8-12 seconds before the cursor will move again. You have to keep moving the cursor in little jumps until you get it to the right spot before being able to execute a change or command.
Getting out of the bios is a real pain.

Any help would be most gratefully received.
Many thanks John

Oops!

I can answer my own thread. I went back to the earlier BIOS 4302
All is fine again! phew! mouse works in the BIOS and boot is back to normal

Back