New Zotac Polaris Box

Well, that water-cooled 10th Anniversary MANGUS EN1080 looks pretty sweet…!

i7 6700 CPU & MXM format GTX 1080 GPU, both water-cooled…!

No pricing that I can find as of yet though…

But their EN1070 bare-bones is around 1200 bucks; so maybe around 1600 bucks for the EN1080 10th Anniversary model…?!?

That is why I was more interested in this box - price to performance ratio. Obviously the 1080 would be great but it will be more of a niche item at $1600 or whatever it is priced at. If they could get this priced at $600 for a bare-bones model I would imagine it could be pretty popular.

I like the Zotac EN1070, but am just annoyed they didnt include an i7 6700T model. It would have been perfect and I am sure people would have been wiling to pay the extra $150 or so for an i7 model.

I like the Zotac EN1070, but am just annoyed they didnt include an i7 6700T model. It would have been perfect and I am sure people would have been wiling to pay the extra $150 or so for an i7 model.

It was probably a thermal issue - the 980 and 1080 model have customer water cooling for the 6700t.

I was also really interested in the EN1070 model, but what I don't like the external power brick and the aesthetics of the product in general. I wish someone sold this same thing but with an integrated PSU and an aluminum body. Oh and I agree, it should come with an 6700T, even if that would mean making the product a fraction bigger / more expensive.

I was also really interested in the EN1070 model, but what I don't like the external power brick and the aesthetics of the product in general. I wish someone sold this same thing but with an integrated PSU and an aluminum body. Oh and I agree, it should come with an 6700T, even if that would mean making the product a fraction bigger / more expensive.

I would wait for the Hahutzy XS then. Only problem is Flex-ATX market is pretty non-existent, but 400W should be plenty as there are only mini-itx GPU variants for GTX 1070 level cards ($350-450)

I believe they do. In theory that's all you need to know, but in practice it can be a bit more complicated. The i5, 4c/4t won't be drawing those 45 watts all the time, neither will the i7 with 4c/8t, but it may be drawing closer to 45 watts more consistently than its 4c/4t cousin at the same clocks. Regardless, these 'T' serious chips are socketed, so it should be possible to test both chips in one of these units when they become available.

Back