New XBox 360 - Where's my 30-day Live Gold Trial?

riggs58

Limp Gawd
I just received my new XBox 360 but can't seem to find the code for a free 30-day trial of live gold. Aren't all new boxes supposed to come with this?

I thought it automatically gave you it when you started a new account.

You can also use your Microsoft passport, if you have one already.

Hmm...I registered on xbox.com before it arrived just to participate in the forums but when logging in through dashboard it says I have a silver membership. Should I register a new account?

riggs58 said:
Hmm...I registered on xbox.com before it arrived just to participate in the forums but when logging in through dashboard it says I have a silver membership. Should I register a new account?

Yes, otherwise it'll see that account as previously made elsewhere. If you make a silver account on your xbox, it will auto upgrade it to gold for 30 days.

MasterShredder said:
Yes, otherwise it'll see that account as previously made elsewhere. If you make a silver account on your xbox, it will auto upgrade it to gold for 30 days.

ROFL, i ended up calling M$ because i thought mine wasnt working correctly either, and the support tech told me, my trial gold card must not have gotten in the box during packaging, to take the entire 360 back to Gamestop and see if they would exchange it.....ROFL

i told him that was rediculous and to go fly a kite, then i went through with the Silver account and saw the automatic notification of the free Gold upgrade

i felt so stupid, but felt M$ was even more stupid for not including a note as to how to get it going in the box, and even more so because when i called and said my trial gold card wasnt in the box, that the tech actually didnt know what to do

nobody_here said:
ROFL, i ended up calling M$ because i thought mine wasnt working correctly either, and the support tech told me, my trial gold card must not have gotten in the box during packaging, to take the entire 360 back to Gamestop and see if they would exchange it.....ROFL

i told him that was rediculous and to go fly a kite, then i went through with the Silver account and saw the automatic notification of the free Gold upgrade

i felt so stupid, but felt M$ was even more stupid for not including a note as to how to get it going in the box, and even more so because when i called and said my trial gold card wasnt in the box, that the tech actually didnt know what to do

No matter where you go, there's always uneducated idiots working.. When my friend's launch xbox 360 broke, he called EBgames (where he bought his extended warranty) and the guy said he HAD to include the bonus remote because all the 360's come with them and he couldn't exchange the system without that remote. When my friend tried to correct him and tell him the remote was a limited launch run and they no longer come with remotes, the guy got pissy and said something like "I work at a game store; I think I know what i'm talking about" hahahah. Needless to say, when he took it back, the girl that worked there laughed at the story and he got to keep the remote.

So I don't know how it is in the states, but in canada, we don't get cards in the box. We get a form to fill out and send in to get ur trail's.

MasterShredder said:
No matter where you go, there's always uneducated idiots working.. When my friend's launch xbox 360 broke, he called EBgames (where he bought his extended warranty) and the guy said he HAD to include the bonus remote because all the 360's come with them and he couldn't exchange the system without that remote. When my friend tried to correct him and tell him the remote was a limited launch run and they no longer come with remotes, the guy got pissy and said something like "I work at a game store; I think I know what i'm talking about" hahahah. Needless to say, when he took it back, the girl that worked there laughed at the story and he got to keep the remote.

the Premium system doesn't still come with the remote?

Ohmsford said:
So I don't know how it is in the states, but in canada, we don't get cards in the box. We get a form to fill out and send in to get ur trail's.

Core or Premium?

the premium system has the code embedded in the HDD, the first time you register the console on live it reads the HDD and sees that this is the first time it has connected and automatically changes your silver to gold, no code or anything required, just make a gamertag

premium no longer includes remote. That was a limited time offer. Either that or the premium I recently bought had the remote stolen :0

Technoob said:
premium no longer includes remote. That was a limited time offer. Either that or the premium I recently bought had the remote stolen :0

Rest assured it wasn't stolen ;)

You are right, it was for a limited time, during launch.

Jerome36 said:
Rest assured it wasn't stolen ;)

You are right, it was for a limited time, during launch.

my console was built in january 2006 and bought i think around feb-march and it had it, was that still launch?

nobody_here said:
Core or Premium?

the premium system has the code embedded in the HDD, the first time you register the console on live it reads the HDD and sees that this is the first time it has connected and automatically changes your silver to gold, no code or anything required, just make a gamertag

Mine is a Premium, but it was the PGR3 bundle. I do remember i got my 30 day trial for signing up, + i've got that form i haven't filled out yet. Must be the extra points for the PGR3 bundle.

Back