New to the [H]orde

vck6v3

Weaksauce
Been a long time reader of [H] and I keep seeing some news about folding. After some reading, I decided that it was a very worthwhile cause and that I need to be helping in any way I can.

I managed to get the SMP and GPU2 clients working together along with my PS3 so I hope I can help out Stanford and the [H]orde!

(I think this is how the badge works?)

I have a question, should I be running the SMP and the GPU2 client together at the same time? I hear that the GPU2 client needs a lot of CPU power to feed it data.

I have a Q6600 B3 at stock, 4GB of RAM, 8800GT at stock, and Vista 32. (@stock cause I don't want to dump alot of heat into my room). Thanks

Your fine. As long as your clients are hitting preferrd deadlines your good

Welcome and enjoy!

Fold on!

Just want to say welcome to the [H]orde! Il step aside and let the real profesionals help you with your questions though. Il be in the corner with the Tamales! :p

With a Quad a SMP client and a GPU client is probably exactly what you want. The GPU client will need one of your 4 cores to feed the GPU.

Welcome to the [H]orde!:)

Welcome.gif

Feel free to help yourself to some beers and tamales!

with a stock Quad I would only use 1 SMP and 1 GPU. If you overclock that puppy to 3.2-3.6Ghz you can add a 2nd SMP and still make deadlines fairly easily!

Welcome aboard!

4.5 month [H]'er & 1 month folder w/ sig'd rig:

Usual 25 or 35s/frame isn't too bad w/ my rig imo, since that's with other things open and during gaming also. :cool:.
Soon as I can get Nv 177 drivers or w/e it takes so my GPU can fold, I'll have my GTS fold also.

Howdy! After a week I figure I'm no longer a n00b here, so I can say that.

Welcome All!! Glad to have you folding with the [H]ardest Team on the net.

Howdy! After a week I figure I'm no longer a n00b here, so I can say that.

@bassman: WTF! :eek: You've been at it a week and you've already showed up on my radar. It looks like you're set to [H]ard Mow me over in just over a month. You're putting up some serious numbers, keep it up.

0.png

Thanks nomad. I'm doing my best to ramp up. :p Now if there were just a Linux GPU2 client...

Little late to the party here, but regardless, Welcome to the [H]orde!!!

As said before, help yourself to a few beers and a couple tamales, and enjoy!!

Fold On!!!

Thanks guys for the warm welcome, I will fold on! Also thanks for the information, F@H Monitor says I'm getting about ~6000 PPD with 1 SMP and 1 GPU2 client.

Hi vck6v3,
sorry i missed your entrace. It's wonderful to have you here! Let us know if you have any questions, problems, or just need a tamale or a beer (or someone to help you eat and drink them with:D ) Anyway, have fun!

4.5 month [H]'er & 1 month folder w/ sig'd rig:

Usual 25 or 35s/frame isn't too bad w/ my rig imo, since that's with other things open and during gaming also. :cool:.
Soon as I can get Nv 177 drivers or w/e it takes so my GPU can fold, I'll have my GTS fold also.

177.35 beta drivers are out a few days now. Get that thing folding :D

Thanks nomad. I'm doing my best to ramp up. :p Now if there were just a Linux GPU2 client...

Amen to that. I don't mind buying a nice video card, but I sure don't want to buy another copy of Windowz when Ubuntu is free (and seems to get a lot of the sweet WUs).

Welcome vck6v3! It's great to have you folding with us.

You age quick here with the [H]orde :cool:

That would definitely explain my need for a cane to walk.

Trust me, you're not the only one wishing for a Linux GPU2 client. My 8800GT will sit idle most of the time because of this. I have two options other than my current setup: run Windows on my main machine as it's already installed but not used or pull my 8800GT and put it in another system just for folding. No way in hell I'm running Windows full time on my main system. Did that for almost a week and I just about went ballistic on everything. I'm also not pulling out my best gaming card from my main system just so it can fold in another system.

I can be a loony when it comes to folding, but I do have my limits.

WELCOME to the [H]orde vck6v3. :D

Don't sweat the aging deal, we know plenty of plastic surgeons :rolleyes:

On the cereal side, thanks for helping to find the cure so some people can get old enough to age :p

Back