New system...want some eyes to look over it.

Finally decided on a good solid system to replace what I have now. Here goes

Antec Sonata
Abit IC7
2.8C
2x256MB Mushkin Level 1 PC3500
Lite-on DVD/CDRW combo
Sapphire 9800 pro
Zalman 7000AL-CU
WD 120GB SE
AS5
120 MM Vantec Stealth fan for the front of the Sonata.

Any suggestions would be appreciated :). BTW, does the Zalman fit the IC7? I know it's rather large and don't want to have a surprise when I get it here.

Looks like a top notch system. I would suggest that you get 1 gig of ram.

I've used both 512 and 1 gig, and yes, 1 gig is better. There is difference....but it isn't a HUGE "I can't play this" type of problem. Just keeps data flowing better. Other than that, I'd say it's all top notch.

Solid system, though I also agree 1 Gig would be better (but not necessary in most cases), but you might not really have a need for the memory, since 512 will run almost everything you want (unless you're heavy into video editing and such).

The Zalman will fit in the IC7, it's not on the Zalman incompatible list.

512 is plenty for 90% of anything you'll ever do. However, I hate the IC7 and would rather be saddled with a sis chipset.....yeah i'm biased I had an IC7 shit out on me in a bad way.

I have the IC7-G flavah ..great board ..runs my P4EE chip and 2gigs of mem just peachy

Right now, I can't fit an entire GB of RAM into the budget unless I sacrifice the 9800 for a mid-range card like a TI4200 or a 9600 non pro so 512 will have to do me for a month or so.

Back